UKC

Nice hotel in Blackpool?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 24 Sep 2018

I need to spend a (weekday) night in Blackpool for work. There's obviously no shortage of hotels there but I'd quite like a decent night's sleep (no stag/hen parties or clubs), a decent breakfast and maybe a gym or pool or something to do in the evening. Parking and close to centre would be a bonus. Anyone got any recommendations? Normally I can't spend much for work but the excess supply seems to keep the prices low so I seem to have pretty much the choice of anywhere in town.

Mooncat 24 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

The Hilton, other than the dirty windows is a Hilton like anywhere else so not too bad, most Blackpool hotels seem in need of a refurb at the very least.

sbc23 24 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

The Hilton is now 'The Grand' - bought by Britannia. Hotel is ok, the area is a dump. I lived directly behind the hotel for 15 years. It is now significantly worse. 

I'd go for the De Vere / The Village. Pools, Gym & opposite Stanley Park. There is a climbing wall & bouldering room at Blackpool Sports Centre - 10min walk. 

Edit : There is a new hotel - Hampton by Hilton on the south shore. I'm sure that will be ok and it's on the front, if you want to go for a run/beach/see the sunset. 

Post edited at 17:31
 Andy Johnson 24 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

I stayed at the Grand Hotel over a weekend a couple of years ago when it was the Hilton and it was fine. Standard big chain hotel really. Car park seemed secure enough.

> something to do in the evening

Depending on what your idea of "something to do" is, you may find yourself spending the evening in the hotel. The centre of Blackpool is a bit iffy at night, in my thankfully limited experience.

plyometrics 24 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

We stayed at the one at the football club a couple of years ago and it was spot on for a bed for the night. 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186332-d3246842-Reviews-Blackpo...

OP Oujmik 26 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

Thanks all, trip has been postponed but will probably still end up there at some point

n-stacey 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

There is no such thing.. it’s like The Lockness Monster or telling the wife or girlfriend “ I won’t cum in your mouth”... such things don’t exist.....

In dreams possibly!!

Post edited at 21:23
 The Lemming 28 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

I get to visit quite a few hotels in Blackpool while at work, and to be honest the majority of them are awful and outdated by about 50 years.

The only establishment that I would consider OK and ticks your boxes is the De Vere / The Village.  Its not in the centre of town.  Its a mile as the crow flies to the Tower and a 10/15 minute drive to the Tower, provided you don't go during the usual rush-hour times.

Its right beside the zoo and opposite Stanley Park.  I have no idea how much it costs but its the only one that I would even think of going to.

You could take a punt in any of the hotels or B&B's in the centre of town many of which offer free D&V, food poisoning, insect bites and all with access to extremely drunken or stoned stag/hen party guests milling around.  Don't worry because you can easily outrun the spice-head zombie's scattered around the town.

You could even try one of our many brothels.  The beds may even be more hygienic than some of the £10 per night B&B's.

If you are willing to Travel than you could go for the Travel Lodge in St Annes.  Its a Travel Lodge and you get what it says on the tin.

Edit

Just remembered there is one more hotel that I would stay in which is south of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.  Its mostly for people with complex medical needs and general wheelchair users.  Its fekin awesome and specced out beyond the likes of the Hilton and the Imperial Hotel. http://safehandsholidays.co.uk/blackpool/

Every hotel in Blackpool should visit this place to see what a modern establishment looks like in the 21sc century.

Post edited at 21:52
 colinakmc 29 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

I think it was Ken Dodd who advised, if you need to go to Blackpool, go there early in the season while the sheets are still clean......

Fozzy 29 Sep 2018
In reply to colinakmc:

> I think it was Ken Dodd who advised, if you need to go to Blackpool, go there early in the season while the sheets are still clean......

Or just not go there at all. In my previous career I was sent there to cover an EDL demo, and the invasion of a few hundred drunken knuckle-dragging fascists actually seemed to improve the ambience. 

The Lemming 29 Sep 2018
In reply to Fozzy:

Hang on there.

The police aren't all that bad.

steve taylor 30 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

I'd stay somewhere in Lytham - The Clifton Arms has a nice pub behind it (The Taps) and there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

cander 30 Sep 2018
In reply to Oujmik:

Premier inn, you get a good nights sleep, breakfast and no drama.

The Lemming 30 Sep 2018
In reply to steve taylor:

My mates had their wedding reception in there.  Very nice hotel however, possibly, a long way from Blackpool.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...