UKC

/ Nick Robinson v John McDonnell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rog Wilko on 10 Feb 2018

I was not impressed with Nick Robinson on Today this morning, allegedly interviewing John McDonnell about Labour plans for renationalisation. I don't carry a torch for McDonnell, by any means, but I thought the contrast between his mature, steady promotion of his views and intentions and Robinson's shrill, bullying attack dog so-called technique reflected very badly on the latter. I think such interviews should always ask challenging questions, and ask them repeatedly if they don't get answers, but I felt McD was answering, when he could get a word in edgeways. Robinson is, of course, a strong Tory sympathiser, but he seemed to me to be indulging his own beliefs rather than doing his job. 

MonkeyPuzzle - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

But i thought only Cathy Newman, the most stupid and evil person in the known universe, used this interview technique? I look forward to all Jordan Peterson's fans rallying round McDonnell in solidarity.

Rob Exile Ward on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Is it my imagination, or have all these interviewers turned nastier since they found out the size of John Humphries pay packet?

That Justin Webb was giving the CEO of Oxfam really quite a rough ride this morning, and in best Humphries style was making absurd suggestion about what Oxfam should have done 6 years ago; implying that Oxfam were seriously derelict in their duty because they hadn't  contacted every possible employer around the globe that the workers that they had just sacked WITHOUT references were wrong 'uns.

Post edited at 12:23
neilh - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I am pretty certain that when Robinson interviews Tories , the Tories say typical left wing questions form a journalist employed by the left leaning pro remain bbc!

Darren Jackson - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I predict McDonnell in the 10th by TKO.

wercat on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Robinson frequently uses the gratuitous and unbalanced "Remoaner" word and has lost credibility - I turn off to him now

JEF on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> That Justin Webb was giving the CEO of Oxfam really quite a rough ride this morning,

From what I’ve read in the news isn’t a rough ride what Oxfam senior staff prefer to dish out?

Ben Sharp - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I remember discussing Robinson's bias a decade ago, I thought his days were numbered then but I was clearly very wrong.

Rob Exile Ward on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to JEF:

Just great, well done, you've fallen for it. A journo digs up a story from 6 years ago; which was dealt with adequately at the time (this morning I heard they are now reviving stories from 12 years ago.) The BBC jump on it as though it's either current or relevant. The government jump on it as a welcome distraction from their self-inflicted Brexit chaos and a way of demonstrating how tough and in control they are. As if. 

That's all just peachy.

Only, just like the irresponsible reporting of the MMR vaccine a few years back, what should be a para on an inside page will result in uncertainty, anxiety and literally 1,000s of children dying who would not otherwise have done so. 

JEF on 11 Feb 2018

> Just great, well done, you've fallen for it. A journo digs up a story from 6 years ago; which was dealt with adequately at the time (this morning I heard they are now reviving stories from 12 years ago.) The BBC jump on it as though it's either current or relevant. The government jump on it as a welcome distraction from their self-inflicted Brexit chaos and a way of demonstrating how tough and in control they are. As if. 

> That's all just peachy.

> Only, just like the irresponsible reporting of the MMR vaccine a few years back, what should be a para on an inside page will result in uncertainty, anxiety and literally 1,000s of children dying who would not otherwise have done so. 

Get over yourself, it was tongue in cheek FFS. 

Rob Exile Ward on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to JEF:

Get over yourself, you're not the story or who I was having a go at.

JEF on 11 Feb 2018

> Get over yourself, you're not the story or who I was having a go at.

Then why did you reply to me? It sounded like “having a go” hence my response. 

Dauphin on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Robinson is a total stoker, acquitted himself well during scot indy ref (!), only the fact that so much of the u.k. is disinterested in politics does the b.b.c. continue to employ bawbag - although he, l.k. & a.m.  reflects their status quo serving outlook perfectly. 

D

Post edited at 01:22
L richnoggan - on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

Cathy Newman's interview was terrible though. Really bad. Interviewee "something", interviewer "so you're saying 'something bad that they're not saying'"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.