UKC

occupational health-return to work interview.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sherlock 04 Aug 2014

I've got one of these tomorrow,after being absent from my(part time)job since Easter.What should I expect? I'm pretty keen to start back and presumably they want me back.Anyone either had one of these recently or works in OH? What exactly are they looking for? Thanks folks.
Post edited at 11:49
 1step2far 04 Aug 2014
In reply to Sherlock:

On the whole they're checking to make sure you're fit to return and what (if any) adjustments will need to be made to your hours or environment to both help you back but also prevent you going off sick again. I'd be honest with what you can and can't do but depending what you went off with be prepared for a phased return. But that will vary depending upon the job you do and your employers policy. Hope it goes ok for you!
In reply to Sherlock:

I had one of these recently after being off for a knee injury/operation. Nothing to worry about, just the employer doing their job. Make sure you flag up any duties you wont be able to complete if that is the case.

Also, if they didn't interview you and you had an accident at work because of your injury/illness then they would be in the deep end. They are just covering their backs too.

David
OP Sherlock 04 Aug 2014
In reply to 1step2far and David Kay:
Thanks both,very useful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...