UKC

Office desks for the home

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
andymac 05 Nov 2013
Anyone recommend where to get a good quality office desk(s) set up .

Better than Ikea.

tlm 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac:
I looked arounnd and ended up just getting proper commercial office desks. Easy to hoover under (because of the cantilever legs), nice and big, strong enough to stand on, wide, wipe downable, so I can just stick my coffee cup on it, holes in them for our cables, and available in a zillion colours.
 browndog33 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac: Hi AM, YHM (not concerning desks).
Mark.
 Andy Hardy 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac:

I bought mine second hand, for £90. Loads of 2nd office furniture suppliers in Manchester / Stockport. Also have a look on bidspotter.co.uk there's always office furniture on there
Jim C 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac: Try Freecycle for your area you might get it for nothing, but you will have to pick up .
Jim C 06 Nov 2013
In reply to Jim C:
> (In reply to andymac) Try Freecycle for your area you might get it for nothing, but you will have to pick up .

http://www.freecycle.org/search

andymac 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac:

Muchas Gracias mi amigos
Graeme G 06 Nov 2013
 grommet 06 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac: We got our home office stuff from here in this range. Not the cheapest but look lovely. http://www.officesupermarket.co.uk/c/Office_Ranges_Arc_Dark_Olive_Range.htm
Wiley Coyote2 07 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac:

Mine came from Freecycle. First rule of self emplpoyment: control costs! Second rule: Control....oh you know where this is going
 iksander 07 Nov 2013
In reply to andymac: Hear what you're saying, but Ikea's Galant system is very good
 tony 07 Nov 2013
In reply to iksander:

I think that's what some friends of mine have in their offices. They're award-winning publishers, so they don't seem to be being held back by their use of flat-pack furnishing.
 John_Hat 07 Nov 2013
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to andymac) Hear what you're saying, but Ikea's Galant system is very good

Agreed. In fact I use one (Ikea Galant desk) on a daily basis. I work in many offices and frnakly its up there with the best.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...