UKC

One Covid vaccine in England, the second in Scotland....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil Murray 20 Oct 2021

I had my first dose (AZ) in March whilst living in England, but moved to Scotland shortly afterwards, and had my second jab (or jag, as they say up here) (also AZ) in July, being over 50 & in a clinically vulnerable group. 

Now, however, having booked a flight to Spain next month, I cannot get barcode (QR) codes for both my scotland & england jabs. I attach my NHS scotland one - which states that my second one (with barcode) *was* .... dose 2 of 2. Will that be enough? Do I really want to test the system at the Spanish airport?

Thanks for any advice! If anyone knows anyone who's got around this, that would be great to hear. Thanks. (I tried phoning NHS Scotland COVID line - I was no 56 in the queue.....)

(I do still have the little credit card sized record of my English jab, filled in, in my wallet). 

BBC doesn't look good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58475922 

"Vaccine certificates with QR codes are widely used across European countries"

Post edited at 20:09

alan moore 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

My American relatives flew out of Glasgow 4 days ago. No one asked to see their vaccine documents or wanted to see evidence of their PCR tests.

Sorry, who knows what the rules might be on the say you turn up at the airport???

chris_r 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

Contact your GP practice, they should be able to manually code the first jab into your clinical record and it will pull through in the app.

OP Phil Murray 20 Oct 2021
In reply to chris_r:

Thanks! I will try this tomorrow ....

ianstevens 21 Oct 2021
In reply to alan moore:

Me. To get into Europe you will be checked, usually at check in unless your airline has an online system to submit your covid documents prior. 

To the OP: my England only vaccine has two QR codes on document, one for each jab. Can you access the document with the proof of your first dose from NHS England, then show that alongside your “2 of 2” document from Scotland?

OP Phil Murray 23 Oct 2021
In reply to ianstevens:

THanks - yes good idea, & I rang England vaccination venue (my old GP practice) & they emailed me my first jab details. No QR code, but a 2 page PDF which is comprehensive. I will just have to hope that's enough.......! 

Spain ( at present) only requires either a PCR test *or* proof of double jab, so I may get the former as a belt-&-braces.  Just hope I'm allowed to travel on 17th November....!

David Myatt 24 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

Phil,

My daughter had her first jab in Munich (was a student there) and second in Scotland, as she got trapped here by the lockdowns. She showed evidence of both jabs at Edinburgh airport when she did eventually fly back and had no problem. Was not asked for any evidence on landing in Germany. Once back in Munich she went to a pharmacy, presented both certficates, and was given an EU covid pass free of charge.

David

The New NickB 24 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

Things generally seem quite sensible. We went to Spain in September and my wife's vaccine certificate didn't match the name on her passport. Married name vs. Maiden name, it wasn't a problem at either end (we did have additional ID matching vaccine certificate and marriage certificate). There was generally a human element to it all, rather than "computer says no".

OP Phil Murray 25 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

Thanks Nick & David- sounds promising. I also hope it will be more "human" and not "computer says no".  I'll take as much proof as I can with me & hope that gets me through the obstacles! 

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

We came into Hull this morning - all paperwork uploaded online so nobody asked to see any of it. On the UK Passenger Locator Form they only ask for proof of your 2nd jab, I scanned the QR code on the form with my laptop, but Sherri's wouldn't work so she uploaded a photo of it, all good,

Chris

Becky E 26 Oct 2021
In reply to Phil Murray:

We have a patient who had first dose in Scotland, second dose in England. Needed proof of vaccination for travel to Canada (I think).  I can't remember what the outcome was - I'll find out...

But taking proof of each vaccination separately sounds sensible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...