UKC

Outdoor / Adventure TV channel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shapeshifter 12 Feb 2014
Sorry if I'm being dim and this has been asked before (did search honest!), but does anybody know if there's a tv channel you can subscribe to which shows climbing, walking and general adventure content of the type seen at SHAFF and KMFF. Note I don't mean stuff like fishing and shooting on the US Outdoor channel or the X games stuff on ESPN. Something showing repeats of old content like Dave but for outdoor types.

If not why not...any idea?

Thanks.
 Scott K 12 Feb 2014
In reply to chubbs2:

Try epic tv on the web. www.epictv.com
 climber david 12 Feb 2014
In reply to chubbs2:

Can't think of anything on TV but there probably isn't enough content to make it sustainable and not a big enough market to make it profitable

David
OP Shapeshifter 12 Feb 2014
In reply to Scott K:

Thanks I'd forgotten that one, but still just video hosting. I just don't get why there isn't some direct TV accessible content.
OP Shapeshifter 12 Feb 2014
In reply to climber david:

Do you think? I'm not so sure. When you think of all the minor rubbish channels on satellite, I can't believe there's not enough historical content for say 4 hours a night a few nights a week. And once it's up and running, people could make content for it.
 PeterM 12 Feb 2014
In reply to chubbs2:

I do miss Discovery and Nat Geo of old. They used to do proper expedition stuff, and I don't mean just mountain stuff. Unfortunately it's all gone 'reality' with tree-felling, truck-driving, gold-diving, storage-hunting dullness. Not sure what Eden is like? (the channel..before some smart arse states the obvious )
 Scott K 13 Feb 2014
In reply to chubbs2:

We get The Adventure Show on BBC 2 in Scotland. Not sure if you get it in the rest of the UK. It's pretty good but too short and the stories tend to suffer due to this.
In reply to chubbs2:

It could be hosted by Bear Grylls and Ray Mears.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...