UKC

Parcel at customs. Being asked for an EORI number?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr Lopez 11 May 2021

Right, so i bought something which was sent from Europe with UPS. The parcel has been stuck at customs for over a week. Today i got an email saying:

As a matter of urgency, please provide us with your clearance instructions; including

- Your Eori number

- Any other information we must take into account when completing this Customs declaration on your behalf

Anyone knows what the hell is going on? Isn't the EORI number for commercial/business importers rather than individuals just doing a bit of shopping?

Any advice for when i speak with UPS when they open tomrrow other than (trying to) stay calm?

neilh 11 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Eori is business number . Just tell them it’s non business and an individual.  Good luck. 

probably  because the sender ticked a wrong box. 

patsaunders 11 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez: you don’t need the EORI number for personal imports but if you have the parcel sent to a business name and address UPS will assume it is a commercial import.  Have you got the invoice that shows it as a personal import?

jimtitt 11 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Importing goods from EU you need one unless the value is under €1000 AND travelling under CN 22 or 23.

Brexit!

OP Mr Lopez 11 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Thanks guys. What i thought. I don't really have an invoice or anything as i bought it through a friend. Guess i'll have to phone them and see what's going on.

The parcel is just supposed to be sent to my house with my name

OP Mr Lopez 11 May 2021
In reply to jimtitt:

Oh right. So buying anything above that value means you need to be registered as an importer and have an EORI?

jimtitt 11 May 2021
In reply to Mr Lopez:

It's complicated but personal imports MAY not need an EORI but the customs meaning of  personal is gifts etc, just buying something it's going to be a decision by the customs. They don't know what status the importer has with low-value consignments, higher values it'll all be done through ATLAS anyway.

Just apply for a number, at least in the UK that is quick and easy.

OP Mr Lopez 11 May 2021
In reply to jimtitt:

Ok, i'll look into it. Thanks mate

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...