UKC

Peak climber location poster - wildlife trust

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 09 Jan 2021

Saw this in the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust sale. Thought I'd share it as it's for a good cause.

https://dwtshop.org.uk/product/peak-district-rock-climbs-collect-scratch-ma...

In reply to Philip:

> Saw this in the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust sale. Thought I'd share it as it's for a good cause.

An entertainingly fun idea. Cool 

CT

DerwentDiluted 09 Jan 2021
In reply to Philip:

This is clearly a front for the Stannington Ruffs appreciation society to boost visitor numbers. The inclusion of said crag does make me wonder about the credentials of the compiler.

Offwidth 09 Jan 2021
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I know people with impeccable guidebook credentials who have been ludicrously positive about the place (ie saying its OK). Climbing rubbish covered and vegetated poorly protected biscuit rock above coffin soil with embedded glass and metal shards is not for a genuine obscurist like me...  urrggghh!

In reply to Offwidth:

> Climbing rubbish covered and vegetated poorly protected biscuit rock above coffin soil with embedded glass and metal shards is not for a genuine obscurist like me...  urrggghh!

No, but for a punter womble like me....Merman's Meander (M)

deepsoup 09 Jan 2021

Holy cow, you're right!  (I assumed you were taking the piss at first.)

Is this the second time it's made it into a 'selected guide'?  If a mention in 'On Peak Rock' counts, and even they gave its location as "grid reference withheld to protect the unwary."

Derek Furze 09 Jan 2021

Loved your logbook entry Bob.  Almost made me want to go and see for myself!

In reply to Derek Furze:

> Loved your logbook entry Bob.  Almost made me want to go and see for myself!

Derek, if you were a climber with an insatiable curiosity for new crags, a keen interest in British woodland wildlife, Industrial heritage and Rifle ranges of the 1860-1945 era, who had, through a biziarre and improbable sequence of events found yourself, new to the area, in lockdown, in Stannington, with no TV, no broadband and nothing to read beyond cereal packets and pickle labels. And there was Foot and Mouth.

still wouldn't recommend checking out that route.

Post edited at 16:35
 Street 09 Jan 2021
In reply to Philip:

I got one of these off the missus's mum for Christmas!

David Alcock 09 Jan 2021

Worse than Mam Tor after a week of heavy rain? 

Derek Furze 09 Jan 2021

C'mon Bob - almost like you are trying to put me off!  I have a strange attraction to the esoteric and anyway, you lived to tell the tale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...