UKC

Pet/house sitting Sheffield/Peaks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yerialc 23 Jul 2019

Hello,

This is a bit random, but does anyone need a pet or house sittter in the Peaks/Sheffield around 25-31st August? I'm going to be there for a week with my partner getting as much climbing in as possible so I'm seeing if there's any interest before I look at camping/accommodation options!

Thanks,

Claire

Post edited at 18:13
 toad 23 Jul 2019

Crikey. Well i suppose if you dont ask, you dont get

So....

Does anyone have a beach front house in the maldives that needs looking after?

Timmd 23 Jul 2019
In reply to yerialc:

I almost wish I did, because you asked so nicely. Have a bump anyway. 

arch 23 Jul 2019
In reply to yerialc:

Please don't take this the wrong way because it is a very generous offer, but how are you going to be pet sitting if you're "getting as much climbing in as possible" ??

Timmd 23 Jul 2019
In reply to arch:

Cats and fish and rabbits are pretty house bound and fit around a stranger looking after them okay - in my experience, and a dog owner would plan ahead for a holiday and take it probably?

A 'house tied pet' would fit in with the OP's offer fine I reckon, thinking about ones I've looked after...

Post edited at 21:07
 mrphilipoldham 23 Jul 2019
In reply to toad:

There’s a website dedicated to this exact thing. Can’t remember the name of it, but my Mrs has signed up to find someone to look after ours and two dogs while we’re on our honeymoon. She’s had a lot of interest and actually agreed with someone now, apparently! 

Michael Hood 24 Jul 2019
In reply to toad:

Don't think there's any decent bouldering in the Maldives (might be wrong), best to stick with the Seychelles

mike123 24 Jul 2019
In reply to yerialc: a good idea to Ask on here , but filling in a profile might help your cause . 

Ian W 24 Jul 2019
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

www.trustedhousesitters.com

we have house sat through this site - works v.v. well, remarkeably few problems are ever reported.

mrphilipoldham 24 Jul 2019
In reply to Ian W:

That's the one!

OP yerialc 24 Jul 2019
In reply to arch:

When I've house/petsat before I've not needed to be in all day, and can only climb every other day at most anyway! I realise it's a long shot but thought I might as well ask

OP yerialc 24 Jul 2019
In reply to Ian W:

Thanks that looks good.

Ian W 24 Jul 2019
In reply to yerialc:

It is. You have to pay - £90 per year, I think - and they do take safety / security very seriously, but it works very well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...