UKC

Peugeot Expert / Citroen Dispatch - Any Good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frankie boy 04 Dec 2018

Evening all,

Anyone got a Peugeot Expert or Citroen Dispatch? Thinking of maybe a 06 - 14 plate? lwb one, but I've only had the older models.

Just wondered if you would recommend them or steer clear.

Thanks in advance

Rick Graham 04 Dec 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

Had an 11 plate dispatch van for a few years. Its a 2l petrol/LPG. Happy with it , no troubles if I ignore the dire warnings on the display most times it starts up. The ecu is probably confused about running on more than one fuel type.

If you have had older ones, I think the consensus is that the 1.9 D and 2.0 hdi are bombproof but the 1.6 hdi is not. There have been a few discussions on here about these engine variants.

johnwright 05 Dec 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

> Evening all,

> Anyone got a Peugeot Expert or Citroen Dispatch? Thinking of maybe a 06 - 14 plate? lwb one, but I've only had the older models.

> Just wondered if you would recommend them or steer clear.

> Thanks in advance

When I worked for a british camping company in France we had a Fiat scudo with a 120/130 bhp engine and it went  like a scolded moggy. It could do 130kph in 4th gear out of 6, it was reving a bit thou. So I would say it was a good van. The lower powered 90bhp van helped you keep you from getting toooo many speeding tickets.

OP Frankie boy 09 Dec 2018

Thanks for the info, I reckon I'll definitely consider one (or any of its variances) if I can fine one at the right price. That or a Vito anyway.

Cheers

Frank

Tony the Blade 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Frankie boy:

Until it got nicked last month I had an '07 Expert, I had an Ikea bed in the back and a shelving system that took ikea sized boxes. Having two side doors was a bonus as I created a sort of wet-room, boot store and housing for the leisure battery that I fitted. (If you want photo's just ask)

I bought it with 115,000 on the clock and took it to 122,000 in a single summer, I could just about squeeze 40mpg on a long run, but I would only pootle at roughly 65mph. I had a new clutch fitted (2 weeks before it was nicked ffs!) and the mechanic said that the gear box was on its way out.

Do NOT go for a Vito, they are absolute rust magnets - that's from my brother who is an area manager for Mercedes commercials.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...