UKC

Photo sharing/storage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Motown 19 Mar 2014
Just dragged myself into using Flickr to back up and share photos. Then they announce I won't be able to sign with my gmail account - must use a yahoo one. Really don't want one.

Can anyone recommend a good/better site that fulfills the same function as Flickr? Ease of use would be a real plus.

Thank you.
 Bob 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:
Photobucket, picassa?

[edit] http://photo-sharing-websites.no1reviews.com/
Post edited at 10:49
KevinD 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Thats a new change, they did allow it for a while.
I know some switched to ipernity or using google+ etc.
Out of curiosity why not just set up a yahoo account? You can switch all the emails to gmail. Its about the only use my yahoo account gets nowaday is as login for flickr.
OP Motown 19 Mar 2014
In reply to dissonance:
Just trying to keep number of email addresses to a minimum
. As I've only put a couple of albums on there at the moment, was interested if any other sites are hugely better. May stick with it - I like the setup.
Post edited at 10:55
 ByEek 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Can't you share photos publicly from Google+? You get about 15Gb for free at the moment which is pretty generous. Everyone who has a Gmail account now has a Google+ account whether you like it or not. You don't have to use it, but you can share photos on it.
 Little Brew 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

Funny - i just signed in with my Google account to my Flickr account.....
 Fraser 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Motown:

>...I won't be able to sign with my gmail account - must use a yahoo one. Really don't want one.

I feel your pain! I was very reluctant to sign up for another email account, but eventualy did so and tbh, it's no big deal. I only ever use it as a log-in for Flickr which I can deal with.

Having said that, I don't find the Flickr facilty (site) the most intuitive to navigate or edit via. Elements of it are good, but others are horrific.
OP Motown 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Little Brew:

STill can but change is on its way.

OP Motown 19 Mar 2014
In reply to Fraser:

Have signed up with Yahoo for now, but wondered whether there was better. I agree - not that intuitive, but I thought that might have been me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...