UKC

Pie on Brexit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mullermn 27 Mar 2019

This has been up a week so apologies if it’s already been posted. 

youtube.com/watch?v=-IL2XwSkFJQ&

Seems pretty on the money to me, minus the bit about Russian money laundering via the housing market, which I have no information or opinion on. 

john arran 27 Mar 2019
In reply to mullermn:

He's normally a bit unnecessarily mouthy and sweary but for this one he's spot on, both content and delivery.

pneame 27 Mar 2019
In reply to mullermn:

Perfect. 

Gone for good 27 Mar 2019
In reply to john arran:

I thought he was doing an Alan Partridge impression for the first couple of minutes!

In reply to pneame:

Should we have a third referendum that might make a pretty good party political broadcast ..... after the watershed.

I think it speaks in a language that most people understand (Anglo-saxon!).

Yes he is on the button about russian money laundering but probably they aren't the only ones doing it. There are various articles around about "suspicious wealth".

pneame 27 Mar 2019
In reply to Profanitynotsanity:

The Chinese leap to mind. Buying vineyards in France for example. 

subtle 27 Mar 2019
In reply to pneame:

> The Chinese leap to mind. Buying vineyards in France for example. 

Turning vineyards into paddy fields?

pneame 27 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

Good grief no! Wrong type of soil. 

Oh, and rice is much cheaper than wine. You can't quadruple the price of rice by slapping a fancy label on it and talking about terroir. 

Oh - maybe you can - http://ansonmills.com/products/23

subtle 27 Mar 2019
In reply to pneame:

> Good grief no! Wrong type of soil. 

> Oh, and rice is much cheaper than wine. You can't quadruple the price of rice by slapping a fancy label on it and talking about terroir. 

> Oh - maybe you can - http://ansonmills.com/products/23

But rice wine generally around 18-25% ABV whereas grape wine generally around 12% - could be on to a winner there

In reply to Profanitynotsanity:

"yes he is on the button about russian money laundering but probably they aren't the only ones doing it. There are various articles around about "suspicious wealth".

Google Swedbank - Danske Bank Estonia and you will see who the biggest money launderers of Russian money are ( Scandinavian banks with zero AML policies in place for years and years..half a trillion dollars through tiny Estoniam branches lol!!))

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...