UKC

Portland police

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 earlsdonwhu 24 Jan 2021

I see that Dorset police have sent  people from Southampton and London packing .....not accepting that they were having their daily exercise at Portland.

stp 24 Jan 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

I'm surprised anyone even noticed. Most of the climbing there is well out of sight from what I remember.

OP earlsdonwhu 24 Jan 2021
In reply to stp:

The article in a local paper said locals reported the climbers to the police. 

AJM 24 Jan 2021
In reply to stp:

The picture attached to the local polices Facebook post was the Cuttings.....

In reply to stp:

> I'm surprised anyone even noticed. Most of the climbing there is well out of sight from what I remember.

The parking isn't though. 

This news report popped up on my Google page. 

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/19034385.travellers-london-southampton-sen...

Richard Horn 24 Jan 2021
In reply to AJM:

I am sure they had spent 20 mins rock hopping to Wallsend no-one would have bothered them....

Trangia 24 Jan 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

Historically there has been friction between locals and climbers mainly caused by lack of parking. 

I've no sympathy with those who travelled from Southampton and even worse from London! Don't these selfish idiots understand the meaning of "stay local"? Lock down is tough for everyone, and with the grim death toll now close to 100,000 they should be ashamed.

BillyBoredEU 24 Jan 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> The article in a local paper said locals reported the climbers to the police. 

Yeah cos the average Portland resident aren't a burden on the NHS are they lol

Bacon Butty 24 Jan 2021
In reply to Trangia:

Rock jocks are young, fit and healthy; Covid rules don't apply to them, ask Lord Ash, he'll put you right.

It's us wrinklys who should stay indoors.

mick taylor 24 Jan 2021
In reply to Presley Whippet:

The article says the ‘large’ groups where two groups of two. They should have said they were trying to find Noahs Ark. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...