UKC

Post office - Renewal of driving licence and update address

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim.W.Climber 23 Jan 2014
Hello,

Incredibly boring topic but hopefully someone can answer the question.

I recently sent my driving license away to update my address. The DVLA responded saying that as my license would soon run out i needed to update address and renew at the same time...

I know the post office have a really easy pay £4.50 and they deal with it all system, however there website says you cannot do it if any of your information has changed.

Possibly i'm just being hopefully but would anyone know if you can do them both at the same time with the post office or am i destined to have to full out the DVLA's form and do it the hard way?

Thanks in advance

Tim
In reply to Tim.W.Climber:

I did mine all online and wasn't too painful to do.
 rogersavery 24 Jan 2014
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Just be careful you go to the correct online site - there are quit a few bogus sites offering driving license renewals
 Al Evans 24 Jan 2014
In reply to rogersavery:

Ok, give us a link to the correct one?
 bluebealach 24 Jan 2014
In reply to rogersavery: YES!!! Just cost me £40 because I went on this site

https://www.dvla-driving-licence.co.uk/

It had DVLA in the title and I thought it was the right one......I did miss the pricing tag on the top and I should have known better!!!
 bluebealach 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Al Evans:

This seems to be the starting point you need!!

https://www.gov.uk/
 Neil Williams 24 Jan 2014
In reply to bluebealach:

A useful rule of thumb is that the Government (of any country) will *very* rarely use a commercial domain name for such services. So always ensure it's <something>.gov.uk, or in the similar case of visa applications <something>.gov[.thecountry].

Neil
 bluebealach 24 Jan 2014
In reply to Neil Williams:

In my defence, such as I can muster, it was late one Saturday evening, I'd had a couple of beers and I was in a bit of a rush....

I can only blame my self!!

After an exchnage of e-mails, they did promise a refund of the charges(minus £8 admin charge) but after lots of excuses, they seem to have reneged on that!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...