UKC

Power-bank recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tobes 22 Sep 2020

Hi all, looking for a power bank to recharge phone, head torch etc whilst out and about -

Plenty of cheap options on eBay etc - are they a false economy?

Any recommendations, cheers!  

jezb1 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

I use one of these Anker ones, slim, does what it’s supposed to and is lasting well

https://amzn.to/2SEjRa1

Post edited at 08:11
 Guy Hurst 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

I've had three or four of the Anker power banks and they've all been really good. Also, Anker have the reputation of replacing any that do fail without any messing about. Better to get one of their older models at a discount than buy one from eBay that doesn't work or overheats,

grump gnome 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

Another vote for Anker.

OP Tobes 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

Many thanks everyone! 

Anker it is then - cheers! 

Chopper 22 Sep 2020

Shame Ankers are Chinese

JuneBob 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

I was considering the Poweradd EnergyCell 10000mAh which claims to be the smallest (10.3 x 5 x 2.5 cm) and lightest (172g) 10000mAh portable charger and gets good reviews. It would be nice to compare with the Anker (14.9 x 6.8 x 1.4 ) but I can't find the weight for it.

Post edited at 11:57
 Run_Ross_Run 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

Anker all the way, just be careful though as my powebank 12000 won't charge the battery on my petzl actik core. It lights up and start charging but stops within a few minute.

Might be worth double checking what model you have/buy.

OP Tobes 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Thanks - I have the slightly flawed Alpkit Qark (it drops out power and doesn’t let you go on low power mode for the last of the juice) so considering other options 

thanks again 

In reply to Tobes:

RAVpower make good power banks. I'm very happy with mine (16000 mAh) and my wife was so impressed with it after a camping trip a couple of years back that she bought one herself.

T.

LastBoyScout 22 Sep 2020
In reply to Tobes:

Technet one I've got is brilliant. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...