UKC

PS4 or Xbox One

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DogmaLook2 16 Nov 2013
Title says it all really. Had neither in the past but children getting older etc etc
Cheers
 browndog33 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2: Its Ps4 for for the step lad this xmas here!
 Choss 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Neither.

Go retro Gamer: N64, SNES, Master system, megadrive, and Atari.

Throw them discs away.

Join us in the cartridge family!

You Know you want to.
 jimtitt 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:
Don´t ask us, your kids will tell you!
Mine said Xbox so they could play Minecraft.
 anonymouse 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:
Maybe best to get what their friends have got. The fun of consoles is multiplied by playing together.
 Mr Lopez 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

I think i remember reading that the Xbox requires an internet connection to play even if you are playing 'normal' games at home (I.e not online games, multiplayer, etc)

On that basis alone i wouldn't get an Xbox
 Gman 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Mr Lopez:
> (In reply to DogmaLook2)
>
> I think i remember reading that the Xbox requires an internet connection to play even if you are playing 'normal' games at home (I.e not online games, multiplayer, etc)
>
> On that basis alone i wouldn't get an Xbox

Xbox One does not require internet connection to play games. You can play either console offline but both need an internet connection for maximum functionality.

Mr Lopez 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Gman:

They must have changed it then, but i definitely remember reading that and thinking what a stupid 'idea' that was.
 Gman 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Agreed. I think the original plan from both Microsoft and Sony was to have internet access as a requirement. Microsoft announced this but received huge negative feedback. They quickly backtracked and Sony changed their own plans as a result.
 Peakpdr 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Neither, Buy em some climbing shoes, Chalk bag and a harness
Oliiver 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2: don't buy an Xbox one, way to pricy for what it actually is. Also, it depends what their friends have got, as they'll most likely be playing online with them
 1poundSOCKS 16 Nov 2013
In reply to Oliiver: Don't they sell it at a loss?
 James90 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Best console is what your mates have as its multiplayer experience that is getting more important nowerdays.

However taking them on their merits the Ps4 is a more powerfull machine and cheeper.

In addition to the must be online comment they backtracked and nolonger need to be online to play. However for the xbox to actually use it you need to download some software so if you have no access to internet its an expensive paperweight. for the ps4 you need to download additional software for online multiplayer but can play offline without ever connecting to the internet.

Personally i have always been an xbox fan but this gen Ps4 is offering better value.
Party Boy 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2: well unless you've got one on pre-order I'd say neither unless you're willing to pay stupid money
 The Lemming 16 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Or you could wait till the Steam Box comes out?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/valves-steam-box-a-true-console-contender/
 balmybaldwin 17 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Ps4 unless friends have xbox, its more powerful, cheaper, and doesnt cost money to play online (unlike xbox)
 anonymouse 18 Nov 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> (In reply to DogmaLook2)
>
> Ps4 unless friends have xbox, its more powerful, cheaper, and doesnt cost money to play online (unlike xbox)

I thought that was changing with PS4.
 balmybaldwin 19 Nov 2013
In reply to anonymouse:

> I thought that was changing with PS4.

Oh bugger really?
 Dax H 19 Nov 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin: Yup, £40 a year subscription to play station plus if you want to play online.
M0nkey 20 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

Look carefully at the games on offer. There aren't any really unmissable releases for either console yet. My feeling is that the wise gamers will stick to the Xbox 360 and PS3 for at least 6 months to a year until big titles start to come out on the PS4 and XBox 1.

but to answer your orignal question i'd opt for PS4 personally but then i'm approaching middle age and have always opted for Sony. The youths today seem to be more keen on the XBox so your kids might prefer it.
 Lew13 20 Nov 2013
In reply to DogmaLook2:

PS4 definitely.
 anonymouse 25 Nov 2013
In reply to Dax H:

On the up side of that, the plan is for them to have dedicated servers. In principle that will make some online games a lot more playable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...