UKC

Rain water in my Ever Build all purpose filler

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 19 Feb 2019

I left my tub outside and hadn't put the lid back on properly, and found water on top of what was left in the tub, and poured it out into a tub to put into the bin to be incinerated, and hopefully stirred it to see if I'd end up with a filler which is thinner and more liquid but still usable. 

Is it screwed and should I just make use of the handy tub for screws and nails, or can it still be used for anything where it can be spread thinly and given more chance to dry and cure?

I'm off near Wickes soon and could make the most of going in that direction to buy some more...

Ta.

elliott92 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Timmd:

No its fine. I often thin mine out with water for certain applications 

OP Timmd 19 Feb 2019
In reply to elliott92:

I see, is a good job I've finished filling the deep corners in where I pinched it into an edge before filling the sides in, or I'd have to buy fresh stuff. 

Ta

Post edited at 18:53
OP Timmd 19 Feb 2019
In reply to elliott92:

Do you know of any method of reversing the watering down by the way, anything which may be added to return it to the consistency of how it was purchased?

Post edited at 19:07
 Oceanrower 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Leave the lid off for a bit?

bouldery bits 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Pop it in the tumble dryer. 

:P 

elliott92 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Timmd:

Mix thoroughly so there isn't any pools of water. Take a golf ball size out and leave it to air dry for an hour or so. These are water based fillers so adding water/letting it dry/rinse and repeat cause it no harm 

Post edited at 21:41

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...