UKC

Recommend me a nice decaf Tea (if that is possible!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mountains 19 Apr 2012
I am looking to cut caffeine out of my diet altogether, but I do love my tea. Has anyone ever had a decaf tea which is good (or even acceptable) that they can suggest for me?
 CurlyStevo 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains:
have you ever tried redbush/Rooibos tea really rather nice and still good with milk
Cthulhu 19 Apr 2012

Yorkshire Tea decaf is actually very pleasant. My OH bought some and I was initially very sceptical, but am now converted.
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Nope. Will google now. Ta
In reply to Cthulhu:

Ta again!
 herman0055 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Eygyption tea is worth a shot if you like licorice or cherry and cinnamon
 Ava Adore 19 Apr 2012

Tetley Green Decaf Tea is ace. If you like weak green tea (which I do).
Cthulhu 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Ava Adore:
> (In reply to Andy Mountains)
>
> If you like weak green tea (which I do).

You like oxymorons, too?

Dom Whillans 19 Apr 2012
somebody told me that if you use a normal teabag for 30 secs, then throw away the water and rebrew with the same teabag that pretty much all the caffeine is gone... this may well be bollox.
 Milesy 19 Apr 2012
Twinings English Breakfast Decaf tastes much nicer than Tetley & PG Tips Decaf I think.
 Jenny C 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Second vote for Redbush - very different taste to builders tea though.
 Ava Adore 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Cthulhu:
> (In reply to Ava Adore)
> [...]
>
> You like oxymorons, too?

It may well not be an oxymoron. I haven't tried all green teas so I have no idea whether any of them are strong.
ceri 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Yorkshire tea is the best of the main brands, by a good margin. Our visitors do not notice they are being decaffeinated!
ceri 19 Apr 2012
In reply to Dom Whillans:
> (In reply to Andy Mountains)
> somebody told me that if you use a normal teabag for 30 secs, then throw away the water and rebrew with the same teabag that pretty much all the caffeine is gone... this may well be bollox.

But that probably tastes worse than just suing de-caff tea bags
 Radioactiveman 19 Apr 2012

Cant beat a nice mouthful of redbush

http://www.ticktocktea.co.uk/

Tick tock is my recommendation, the choice of terrorists worldwide
In reply to Andy Mountains: Another vote for Yorkshire Tea decaff from my other half, who has settled on that after extensive trials.

T.
 andybevan57 20 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: I recently went fully decaff, been trying for a few years but it's surprisingly tricky to achieve. I'll give a vote for yorkshire decaff bags but the best is loose leaf. We use James Gourmet Coffee, here in Ross on Wye. A local cafe do their decaff tea so we just asked where they got it from and went round and bought some. Try asking around cafes where you live.
 John_Hat 20 Apr 2012

Co-op's own brand is surprisingly good.... in fact I'm drinking it now..
Rigid Raider 23 Apr 2012
Another vote for rooibos or redbush tea, very nice and very refreshing with or without milk.
 Betha. 23 Apr 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Try looking at teapigs:
http://www.teapigs.co.uk/tea/all_tea/spiced_winter_red_tea.htm
They have tons of options, especially if you like herbal-y or unothodox tea!
 SFM 23 Apr 2012

Another vote for Rooibos. Apart from my one cup of (essential)caffinated Tetley in the morning it's what I drink these days.

You do have to leave the bag in for a while though(3-5mins)to get the best taste.
 Offwidth 23 Apr 2012

Moff drinks an earl grey decaf from sainsburies that is lovely.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...