UKC

Recommend me a travel cot?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 20 May 2014
Not sure if this should be in Gear or destinations, but thought here might get more visibility.

Need a travel cot for a 6-month old baby. Cost less important than weight and pack size.

Mostly for use in hotels/houses, but small chance it might also be needed in a tent.

Thanks,
 lummox 20 May 2014
In reply to LastBoyScout:

We have a Little Life Arc- packs small and pretty easy to put up and have used it for both of ours.
M0nkey 20 May 2014

I have two. The little life is very good but a bit of a fuss to put up because the tent poles are long and you quite often have them scraping the walls, knocking downs lamps etc while you put it up.

The one I prefer by a long stretch is the quechua (decathlon) pop up version. Technically i think it is a beach shelter rather than a cot but it is exactly the same as the little life in all respects save that it pops up and pops down which makes it a joy to use. When we are in a guest house or staying with mates we can get the kids down to bed in no time at all.
 Carolyn 20 May 2014

I think that's probably the choice - super stable one with poles (Littlelife being by far the most common, although I think Nomads made one that took up a bit less space at some point), or a pop up one (that's far easier to put up - though not necessarily down ) but could be capsized or rolled around the room by a determined 1 year old if they're that way inclined!).

Probably depends if you want to be able to safely leave an awake and not keen to go to sleep child in it, or if (like us) you're only intending to put them in when they're about to drop!

Carolyn 20 May 2014

Actually, the LittleLife Arc 2 is probably very similar to the old Nomads one. When we got ours, LittleLife only did the Twin Arc, which has a rather larger footprint....
 jonfun21 20 May 2014

We got this one as it had

a) Change table

b) Adjustable height (our baby was/is a heavy one)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/travel-furniture-portable-entryway-months/dp/B0041G...

Really pleased with it, and can be turned into a playpen as well. Bit fiddly to put up and collapse but very sturdy once up.

edordead 20 May 2014
We have this one: http://www.boots.com/en/NSA-Standard-Travel-Cot-Blue_1245265/

Includes self inflating mattress and a sort of insulating bit, folds up the size of a deep steering wheel and a fair bit cheaper than the Little Life.

Baby has been out in it a few times (visiting houses + camping, baby is 4 months) and it seems fine - sturdy, light, easy to pack away...

I don't think there would be much chance of it being rolled either as the base is pretty wide.
Post edited at 15:33
OP LastBoyScout 20 May 2014
In reply to jonfun21:

Good, but a tad over-engineered for what I want.

LittleLife ones look more promising at the moment...

We've used Arc 2 but had more success with Phil & Ted for the indoor options.

http://worldtraveledfamily.com/traveling-with-kids/feature-review-philteds-...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...