UKC

Renault Trafic vs Vauxhall Vivaro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Geoffrey Michaels 17 Jun 2007
I've looked at the dimensions of both of these vans and they are virtually identical to the millimetre. Can anyone tell me if they are actually one and the same just branded differently and if so which is the better package?
 Enty 17 Jun 2007
In reply to Donald M:

They are the same thing.
I have Vivaro minbus. If you look closely quite a bit of the equipment is badged up as Renault.

The Ent
diablo 17 Jun 2007
In reply to Donald M:

it is the same ride

however, the engines are different.

Vauxhall diesels are really snail- like but if you can put up with the pace they last forever and ever and ever

(can you go to a transit ?)

are you leasing/ buying ?

if leasing can go for a maintenance inclusive which helps no end with the forecasts ?
diablo 17 Jun 2007
In reply to Donald M:

the Fiat is the other one that shares floor pan and running gear and couldnt think of it
 Enty 17 Jun 2007
In reply to diablo:

My Vivaro is like a rocket!

2900 revs @ 85mph all day on the motorway.

The Ent
diablo 17 Jun 2007
In reply to Enty:

once it gets there

Geoffrey Michaels 17 Jun 2007
In reply to diablo:

It's for a campervan conversion maybe. I'd be going second hand and would treat it accordingly.

It seems the Renaults are slightly more expensive. Is that due to the engine? They appear to have the same cc.
 jonquirk 17 Jun 2007
In reply to Donald M: In actual fact the Renault Trafic is the same as the Vauxhall Vivaro and the Nissan Primastar. The Peugeot Boxer, Citroen Relay and Fiat Ducato share a common platform. The only variations are in the badges and the engines.
Geoffrey Michaels 18 Jun 2007
In reply to jonquirk:

Do the Vauxhall and Renault both have 6 speed gearboxes?
Geoffrey Michaels 24 Jun 2007
In reply to Donald M:

I think they do but can anyone confirm which model is more expensive?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...