UKC

Shane Griffin - Parkour urban ascents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Carl Smethurst 22 Nov 2019

Couldn't see any links to this guy's videos in the Forums, but they are seriously impressive - some Dawes-style dynamic climbing of buildings and necky top-outs, all done with speed and grace.

e.g. youtube.com/watch?v=wEZjUVMU6VU& plus lots of stuff on Instagram and various other online oulets.

And forget the latest in climbing footwear - all this done in trainers...

Ian Parsons 23 Nov 2019
In reply to Carl Smethurst:

I think that near the start, when somebody said "mental", they actually meant "mantel". Stronger shoulders than mine!

Removed User 23 Nov 2019

Strikes me as an activity where the differentiation between on sight and worked is relevant to understanding the true scale of impressiveness. Parkour is surely even more focussed on style than climbing!

In reply to Removed User:

There's a 'making of' vid here that gives some insight - actually looks like less rehearsal than I'd imagined - and not a top-rope in sight.  youtube.com/watch?v=uoJLKy7l8D0&

I thought it needed some music 

http://bennyhillthis.com/?v=wEZjUVMU6VU

My son and his mates got out of Parkour and into climbing as the (much) safer option. Most had never ‘climbed’ before they moved across, but they generally started around V5/6. Some of them have progressed much further, especially on competition setting.

Going out on grit with them is crazy, because they’ve got landing absolutely nailed. Choreographed jumping off buttresses while you’re climbing was a new experience to me!

In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Yes - that figures. These guys have to develop really good 3D awareness and precision of movement - plus strength, flexibility, power... All directly translatable into bouldering. I'd love to see what Shane could on rock - I think Johnny D would approve.

Wimlands 23 Nov 2019

Some really nice moves there....done at speed with with some style...thanks for posting.

Post edited at 11:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...