UKC

Simple audio editor for MacBook Pro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 20 Oct 2019

Hi, I am after a simple freeware audio editor. 
I've used Audacity a bit and found it OK on a PC but weirdly fiddly and fussy on Mac. I don't currently have Garageband installed and have never used it. 

All I want to do at first is trim a few tracks (either album tracks that have silly long silent outros, or live recordings where you want to cut off the between-song banter) but later on I might start digitising from analogue sources and wanting to set the levels just right, etc. 

Is Audacity still the "go to" application?

I know I can Google this and find a "top ten" that will include Audacity and Garageband, but it's always worth asking on here as well. 

Thanks

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Doesn’t really have to be freeware, I meant just not done professional thing running into £80+ and for my basic needs I was assuming that some free thing should cover me 

Wil Treasure 20 Oct 2019

Garageband it's the usual go to on Mac, but you could also use Reaper. The trial version basically lasts forever and if you're only doing a few basic fixes you could use it for free.

Bob Kemp 20 Oct 2019

OcenAudio is rumoured to be a good free editor although I haven't used it yet - 

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/ocenaudio

Thanks! 

I've been a bit distracted and not tried anything yet. Thanks again to those who responded. If this thread isn't archived by the time I get around to this, I'll let you know what I went for!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...