UKC

Sir Philip Green

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 charliesdad 09 Feb 2019

In light of the new allegations about Sir Philip, and given past revelations about his work at BHS, can anyone suggest suitable punishments for this knight of the realm?

balmybaldwin 09 Feb 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

Orrf with his 'ead

alan moore 09 Feb 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

Hell is very popular just lately. I hear it has special places.

birdie num num 09 Feb 2019
In reply to alan moore:

F*ck off......I don’t want Sir Philip Green in hell with me...send him elsewhere

alx 09 Feb 2019
In reply to birdie num num:

> F*ck off......I don’t want Sir Philip Green in hell with me...send him elsewhere

How about Hull? City of Culture

Gone for good 09 Feb 2019
In reply to alx:

> How about Hull? City of Culture

Or even worse, soon to be City of Culture Coventry. Consign him to a after life of hell on the Coventry ring road.

Stichtplate 09 Feb 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

Can anybody think of any worse punishment than having to go through life being Philip Green?

He's just found out that he'd bought all his pretend friends, his useless daughter is shacked up with a career criminal turned male model, he hasn't got enough money to be able to live in the same country as his wife, he looks like a corpulent toad with a tan and even the people that don't know him think he's scum. 

I can picture him now...reading Maxwell's biography and looking longingly at the drop from the back of his yacht.

Tom Valentine 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Stichtplate:

I have for a long time tried to believe that James May is a bit uncomfortable with some of the Clarksonesque behaviour he has to go along with in his day job; why doesn't he retire to Palin type territory and let this lad take over his job because he seems to tick all the boxes.

skog 09 Feb 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

Without commenting on the allegations, as they should be dealt with in the proper, legal way, it does seem to me that the whole 'knighthood' process could do with having a bit more due dilligence applied.

And probably a bit more jousting. Who doesn't like jousting?

Andy Hardy 09 Feb 2019
In reply to skog:

Are there any really tricky petards to negotiate? 

deepsoup 09 Feb 2019
In reply to skog:

> ... it does seem to me that the whole 'knighthood' process could do with having a bit more due dilligence applied.

I should think so.  It was just plain Christopher Chope who blocked the upskirting bill last year, it's Sir Christopher Chope who's back in the news now. 

Between those two events, here's Theresa May being asked why she gave him a knighthood - strong and stable as an anorexic unicyclist on a bouncy castle.

Edit:  Oops, forgot the link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-44514446/upskirting-row-mp-why-di...

Post edited at 17:58
In reply to deepsoup:

It's pathetic that governments get to bestow honours like confetti on their  influential rich followers and their political friends. Is she the worst Prime minister ever and is this the worst government ever? We live in an age of political pygmies. 

Phil1919 09 Feb 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

Did I miss something or does she just ignore the question?

john arran 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

> Did I miss something or does she just ignore the question?

Fish.

Yanis Nayu 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

Yes, but she was very clear. 

pneame 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

and stable

GrahamD 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

> It's pathetic that governments get to bestow honours like confetti on their  influential rich followers and their political friends.

Indeed it is

>Is she the worst Prime minister ever and is this the worst government ever? We live in an age of political pygmies. 

Almost certainly not.  However crap this lot are I'm sure there have been considerably worse in the last thousand years 

In reply to GrahamD:

We haven't had prime minister's for 1000 years have we?

Apparently not. Robert Walpole was generally considered to be the first prime minister in 1721 although Benjamin Disraeli was the first to use the title in 1878. 

Philip 09 Feb 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

He/she said governments, and we've had those for 1000 years.

pasbury 10 Feb 2019
In reply to deepsoup:

Knights of the realm,

Lords,

Ladies,

Baronets,

Marquises,

Marchionesses,

Barons,

Viscounts,

Order of the British Empire.

What a load of feudal antediluvian bollocks.

Post edited at 00:21
Lusk 10 Feb 2019
In reply to pasbury:

I worked with this bloke for a while, a retarded monkey with major brain trauma could run rings round him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Herbert,_8th_Earl_of_Carnarvon

In reply to deepsoup:

And here is the answer from Wikipedia, she's bribing him same as she bribes the DUP:

"Chope has consistently supported Britain's withdrawal from the European Union.[26] Prior to the 2016 referendum, he announced his support for Brexit.[27] He has supported Leave Means Leave, a Eurosceptic pressure group.[3]"

Andy Gamisou 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Phil1919:

> Did I miss something or does she just ignore the question?

No - she pointed out how he's been "a longstanding member of parliament".  Apparently that's all it takes.  

Anyone else in favour of journalists (if Marr can be described as such) being allowed to punch politicians in the face, hard, when they dodge a reasonable question for (say) the third time?

Phil1919 10 Feb 2019
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Thanks for that.

cander 10 Feb 2019
In reply to charliesdad:

If it’s anything like the places I’ve worked, he’ll get elevated to the House of Lords and if he keeps up his nefarious activities he’ll end up running the place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...