UKC

Sleeping boards for a T5 camper pop top bed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ablackett 17 Jul 2017
I have just put down a deposit on a VW T5 camper, it has a pop top roof but no bed up there. I thought it was a pretty normal thing to do to stick some boards in the hole and stick a mattress on top and use it as a bed. I can't find anyone selling ready made boards.

I could obviously measure the gap buy some ply board and stick them in, but I was hoping for an off the shelf solution and something a bit more elegent.

I would be happy to have a bed installed but the chap at the dealership doesn't seem to be able to talk to the chap at the bed manufacturer to work out what we need so I would be faced with picking up the van in 2 weeks, then starting to sort the bed out, and I want it good to go in 2 weeks time!

Can anyone suggest where I can get some ready cut and covered boards made to fit a VW T5, or suggest another solution. I pick up the van on Saturday 29th July and would like it ready to go on the Monday.
 La benya 17 Jul 2017
 La benya 17 Jul 2017
In reply to ablackett:

... although for £500 all you seem to get is 2 bits of chip board, 2 actuators and a hinge. peoplw must have money to burn
In reply to ablackett: Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

http://www.vamoosecamperconversions.co.uk/

Big Ger 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

Body shaming, that's not nice!

OP ablackett 18 Jul 2017
In reply to La benya:

> Your googling must be terrible

Thanks. I had found them, but was looking for just the boards which I could manually slot into the hole, not wanting to have to faff on with booking it in and have someone charges me £500 to fit a hinge!

I hadn't realised poptop were in Tyne and Wear, that will probably work out well so I will give them a call.
OP ablackett 18 Jul 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Don't know where you are but these folks are fats and efficient and will have it done in the same day if they can.

Thanks, I was under the impression that because it was a Reimo roof it had to be a Reimo bed, but looks like pop top and that Barnsley outfit will slot a bed into any roof so fingers crossed I can get it sorted.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...