UKC

Snow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 28 Dec 2020

Stunner of a morning. Early cloud has lifted and the temps have dropped meaning the snow is firming up. Had about two inches and it’s beautiful. Hopefully will last a bit, or at least for another dog walk. 

Post edited at 11:25

Duncan Bourne 28 Dec 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Yes lots here too! Up early to make snowman then went off for a cycle ride. ACE!

mick taylor 28 Dec 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Yellow wagtail, and a good view of sparrowhawk - a male !  And an exceptionally confident Robin. 

steveb2006 28 Dec 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

Grey wagtail I think - nice photo

mick taylor 28 Dec 2020
In reply to steveb2006:

Correct, grey. There’s more grey in that wagtail than grey matter in my head!

Alyson 28 Dec 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> And an exceptionally confident Robin. 

Had a robin taking some bird seed from my hand today. They are so very friendly and trusting, especially when it gets cold and they need to be that bit bolder to secure food. It was lovely, especially getting my two little ones to hold their hands out and feed their first robin. Hopefully the beginning of a lifelong love affair!

Michael Hood 28 Dec 2020
In reply to mick taylor:

> Yellow wagtail, and a good view of sparrowhawk - a male !  And an exceptionally confident Robin. 

Grrrr

Doug 28 Dec 2020

We had 10-15 cm of snow overnight so it all looks very alpine picture post card like, especially for the short period the sun came out. Not a lot of wildlife to be seen but did see a Redwing on the railings of our balcony around lunchtime. There seem to be quite a few around at the moment but I've never seen one so close before.

Lots of frustrated downhill skiers milling around the village, seems bizarre that they can hire an appartment but can't go downhill skiing. Lots of them trying XC skiing but not really having any technique so finding it hard work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...