UKC

"special guidance"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Don't panic -  Its just special guidance.

https://news.sky.com/story/brunei-to-punish-gay-sex-with-death-by-stoning-u...

The sultan of the southeast Asian island nation will also bring in amputation for those guilty of theft under sharia law, with both penalties to also apply to children once implemented.

"special guidance " from god to amputate both children and adults hands for stealing and stoning for being homosexual.

Their god sounds like a good forgiving character full of acceptance and compassion for his creations.

profitofdoom 29 Mar 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> "special guidance " from god to amputate both children and adults hands for stealing and stoning for being homosexual.

Amputating children's hands? Let me just comment on that narrow aspect for the moment (we can get to the 'adult' bit later). CHILDREN? I wonder, what's the age limit, 4, 6, 8, 10, 15? ***DISGUSTING***

john arran 29 Mar 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

Remember, this God giving guidance on needlessly amputating the limbs of children is the same God we have to thank for earthquakes, famine and floods. Very much in character.

Bobling 29 Mar 2019

Allah, the Benevolent and Merciful.

deepsoup 29 Mar 2019

> Their god sounds like ...

Paraphrasing Dawkins (I can't remember the exact quote) talking about the God of the Old Testament: "Arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction."

In reply to TMM:

> More comments here.

Yes only noticed that after starting the thread.

Although that seems to have descended into a bit of a name calling back and forth.

Or some historical beef between users.

dh73 29 Mar 2019

whilst this is clearly abhorrent, and not at all good for those subject to a stoning, in terms of resistance to wider imposition of Sharia, and in particular to pockets of Sharia in the uk, this extreme interpretation of the law is actually useful, as any right thinking person would reject it entirely. if those wishing to impose Sharia worldwide had half a brain, they would tone it down until it has gained a foothold and then expose everyone to its full horrors.

even the far right have the sense to realise that they need to adopt a softly softly approach and gain traction through non extreme political parties....before they introduce random stoning of gays, muslims, foreigners and whoever else they hate

I think Star Trek General Order 1 should apply.   No advanced technology should be provided to a primitive society.   Let them do their thing but isolate them until they are ready for the 21st century.

In reply to Bobling:

> Allah, the Benevolent and Merciful.

And let's add lazy.  

Why doesn't he pop down and do it himself?

Everyone knows why. 

Something to do with being a figment of someone's imagination. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...