UKC

Sunflower facing wrong way?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 23 Jul 2021

I’m a busy man and never got round to sorting my sunflowers in the greenhouse conservatory. I actually like them where they are, but the flowers are facing exactly the wrong way - due north. Anyone know why?

Post edited at 17:32

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

They always grow towards the round side of the pot, and you've got the round side facing in. You're screwed this year, literally nothing you can do about it. But next year start them in the pots with the round side facing the window.

Lankyman 23 Jul 2021

> I’m a busy man and never got round to sorting my sunflowers in the greenhouse conservatory. I actually like them where they are, but the flowers are facing exactly the wrong way - due north. Anyone know why?

Did you get them from Yorkshire?

In reply to Lankyman:

> Did you get them from Yorkshire?

Where?

In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Will do. I might plant two seeds back to back as a back up. But they would probably  end facing each other.

Rob Parsons 23 Jul 2021

> I’m a busy man and never got round to sorting my sunflowers in the greenhouse conservatory. I actually like them where they are, but the flowers are facing exactly the wrong way - due north. Anyone know why?

They're growing towards the internal rooms, rather than outside: that's clearly due to the sunshine shining out of your arse.

In reply to Rob Parsons:

I think I might rent my arse out, so to speak, to give a quick boost of sunlight to tomatoes, cannabis plants and shit. 

Edit; and opium plants. 

Post edited at 23:35
 Rob Parsons 24 Jul 2021

Go for it: easy money, and a public service.

Could be useful for search and rescue teams, too.

Yanis Nayu 24 Jul 2021

Shyness. 

CantClimbTom 24 Jul 2021

Narrow minded and frankly disgusting post.. who are you to comment on their orientation? If they identify as shade loving just let them be.

Nice conservatory BTW

hang_about 24 Jul 2021

I am a plant biologist. Technically this is due to 'demonic posession'. Nothing you can do now other than wave a dead chicken in their vicinity on days of the week that have a 'y' in them.

Sunflowers are heliotropic. They've grown above the window so are rotating towards the most light I.e. a way from the wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...