UKC

The enlightenment, can we have a new one please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TMM 22 Mar 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47670717

This is alarming stuff. Any time the leader of sovereign state seriously believes they are 'chosen', or doing 'god's work' it has a habit is working out rather badly.

Can you imagine Breitbart, Fox or the Mail's headlines if this was the senior leader in an Islamic country?

toad 22 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

Welcome to the new endarkenment. On your knees, Peasant.

kevin stephens 22 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

Thanks for that, maybe our Government’s not so bad after all?????

Thunderbird7 22 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

The former head of the CIA - explains their almost 'zealotry' when operating in Afghan & Iraq. Anything goes because Gott mit uns.

The thing is, nobody expected the Spanish Inquisition...

jethro kiernan 22 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

Easy there 

Tiggs 23 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

The Bible Belt in the US is a strange place.  One thing the rise of Trump has revealed is that the US does not lead the world in its thinking particularly in the Republican Party.

NY & California tend to be more advanced in their thinking, but in Silicon Valley it’s all about controlling the world via insta selfies......

d_b 23 Mar 2019
In reply to Thunderbird7:

>  Gott mit uns.

Buffalo are good, but they aint that good!

d_b 23 Mar 2019
In reply to Tiggs:

I read an article a while ago that argued that the big problem right now is that the American right wing have moved beyond feeding propaganda to gullible saps for political gain and started actually believing it.  The old guard are in trouble because they just realised they can't turn the bullshit hose off.

Timmd 26 Mar 2019
In reply to d_b: I guess when people like Alex Jones get involved with the untruths they disseminate, with the power of the media in a country like America close to 1000000s can end up believing them.

That's a worrying thought...

Post edited at 20:52
 Xharlie 27 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

These people do really exist. Not just in news articles. I've met them!

It was during Christmas dinner, 2017. A friend of my brother spent the meal expounding this very opinion that Trump was sent or anointed in some way in order to help out poor old Israel -- and, exclusively, that would be the Jews in Israel, not any of the other groups.

I raised an argument against this but very quickly realised that such an argument was NOT going to remain peaceful for long: Thou shalt not argue with idiots for they shall drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

I remember that my very tactful wife stepped in and changed the subject with the conversational equivalent of a sledge-hammer. I don't remember any more because I turned to wine to douse the flames of my anger.

krikoman 27 Mar 2019
In reply to TMM:

And of course the God that sent Trump, doesn't give a f*ck about the Palestinians.

What a delightful God they must be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...