UKC

This week's top 10 photos. Rubbish.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 11 Oct 2017
I would say the worst top 10 I have seen on this site for 10 years. One thing I really enjoy is looking at the top 10 pics and until now, without exception they have been really, really good. But this week, poooh. It's like some monkeys have been let loose with a few high end cameras.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/top10.html
 profitofdoom 11 Oct 2017
In reply to estivoautumnal:

> I would say the worst top 10 I have seen on this site for 10 years.

I disagree I personally like no.1, no.2, no.3, no.4, no.5, no.6, no.8, no.9, and no.10. I quite like no.7 too
 Greasy Prusiks 11 Oct 2017
Really? I thought they were as good as ever.
Post edited at 08:21
 Michael Hood 11 Oct 2017

I think the problem with this week's is the lack of variety. They're all good photos but nearly all are Alpine views so it seems a bit bland and samey.
 Robert Durran 11 Oct 2017

I think they are consistently good. I've seen better sets but these are fine.

However, looking at the top ten in "latest photos", we could be in for a dismal top ten next week unless some much better ones are posted soon - how some of those are getting 5 votes in beyond me!
 krikoman 11 Oct 2017

You are Dave Thexton and I claim my £5
 aln 11 Oct 2017
pasbury 11 Oct 2017

I've suggested it before and was thoroughly poo-pooed (if one can be thoroughly poo-pooed) that the alpine and mountaineering pics should be split into a separate category from the climbing ones.
 DaveThexton 14 Oct 2017

I thought we were past this Alison...
 Fraser 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

> I think the problem with this week's is the lack of variety. They're all good photos but nearly all are Alpine views so it seems a bit bland and samey.

I think I'd agree with that. Out of the week's top10, I've only voted for two of them, (which is very unusual, having voted for, yikes, over 30k photos on the galleries over the years!) #6 and #7, giving both a '4'. On the other hand, the Franco one - which aln likes - I don't think it that great a photo. It has quite a graphic impact but otherwise IMO it's a bit innocuous. Maybe if we could see the really rubbish footholds he is no doubt on, it would be different. It's all subjective in the end.
 Chris_Mellor 14 Oct 2017

Hmmm. A bit cantankerous sir. I thought many were excellent. Have a dislike or two.
 Robert Durran 14 Oct 2017
In reply to Michael Hood:

> I think the problem with this week's is the lack of variety. They're all good photos but nearly all are Alpine views so it seems a bit bland and samey.

I do think that mountaineering shots which are mostly about the landscape rather than the climbing action should not go in the climbing category. But there is generally far less competition to make the top ten in the climbing category, so I can see the temptation!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...