UKC

Trump's cybersecurity advisor ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 McHeath 05 Dec 2018

... doesn't understand how a hyperlink works. Farcical escapade by Rudy Giuliani, ex-Mayor of New York:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/05/rudy-giuliani-helps-create-...

? hope all of Trump's other advisors are similarly so highly familiar with the material of their assigned area.

Post edited at 18:56
 Rob Parsons 05 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

Get a grip. Maybe he didn't understand how twitter formats what it detects as a hyperlink in text - but big deal.

dread-i 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

>Get a grip. Maybe he didn't understand how twitter formats what it detects as a hyperlink in text - but big deal.

He doesn't understand hyperlinks. He points out that a similar typo, didn't become a link. A more reasonable person might have asked why one typo became a link and another didn't. Instead, he used it as an attack on twitter staff, suggesting they are anti Trump.

These are the sort of tactics one expects from his boss. Make a mistake, rant, blame someone else and then also give another unrelated party (Time Magazine) a kick as well, for good measure. To ask for fairness, when he has just maligned two organizations, is amusing. These are not the well thought out responses of a top legal eagle.

In reply to Rob Parsons:

He ranted about why they automatically made g-20.in into a link and not have.either as if it was a conspiracy. If he was just in charge of the waste disposal it wouldn't be a big deal

FactorXXX 06 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

Interesting that his Tweets are Trumpesque in their language.

In reply to FactorXXX:

> Interesting that his Tweets are Trumpesque in their language.

Everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is like one long fart (a wet horrible one that sometimes follows through) and Rudy Giuliani looks like a creature from the crypt .

They belong together.

Post edited at 09:26
 Offwidth 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Why are we looking at the negative side and not praising the smart person who spotted the possibilities and registered the domain for something useful

In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> Everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is like one long fart

Living up to his name I guess.

wercat 06 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

How nice!

wercat 06 Dec 2018
In reply to dread-i:

How can he not know this - it's been around in Windows Help since the early 90s at least!

I only used DOS in a PC context prior to that but didn't it have something similar?

Post edited at 10:24
 Fozzy 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> Get a grip. Maybe he didn't understand how twitter formats what it detects as a hyperlink in text - but big deal.

If he doesn’t understand how something as simple as a hyperlink works but goes on to try and claim it as an anti-government conspiracy then it is a big deal, especially when such Luddite eejits are allowed to hold positions of power. 

two_tapirs 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> Get a grip. Maybe he didn't understand how twitter formats what it detects as a hyperlink in text - but big deal.

It's a big deal because he's a Trump cybersecurity advisor.  

Rob Parsons 06 Dec 2018
In reply to two_tapirs:

> It's a big deal because he's a Trump cybersecurity advisor.  

Is he though? Can you point me to any official document that says that? (Obviously I can read all the current frenzy on the Internet.)

All I know for sure about Giuliani is that Trump hired him as a 'Personal Attorney.' On that score, I'm more interested to know what he's doing about Mueller than I am about the current twitter sensation.

OP McHeath 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Ok it was the Grauniad, maybe Giuliani's an advisor for mountain warfare tactics in Afghanistan as the Khyber security advisor.

Post edited at 14:26
 Rob Parsons 06 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

> Ok it was the Grauniad

I see that claim in the article you posted, but I'm asking if anybody can point me to anything official which bestows that title on Giuliani.

Post edited at 14:39
OP McHeath 06 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

I presume the Washington Post knows what it's talking about. Couldn't find any copies of Giuliani's official contract online though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/12/05/rudy-giuliani...

Rob Parsons 06 Dec 2018
In reply to McHeath:

Fair enough - that names him in the capacity as part of the transitional team. One of the comments following that article makes the point that "I find it highly suspect and very interesting that after the election ended, nothing much was heard of Rudy Guiliani nor was he given any role in the Trump transition team, he was primarily OUT of the loop with Trump."

All we know now is that Giuliani has been hired as a 'Personal Attorney' for Trump, nothing more. I'm not defending Giuliani or Trump, but the current twitter sensation is a storm in a teacup. Enjoy his discomfiture if you like, but I'm much more interested in how he proceeds with respect to Mueller.

Post edited at 14:56
OP McHeath 07 Dec 2018
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Yes, this story is just amusing light entertainment compared to what's probably coming. Mueller has by all accounts done a very thorough and professional job.

In reply to McHeath:

I see Drumps recommended an ex Fox news anchor as the new US ambassador the the UN.

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-fox-news-anchor-to-be-new-us-ambassador-to-th...

What are all these sycophants going to do when he's pulled up for the traitor that he is ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...