UKC

Types of survey/questionnaire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Derry 19 Jul 2020

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help where google can't (or I can't do the right search more likely).

I'm looking for a type of questionnaire where I can input lots of data, from different people, but I'm filling it in. Think of your old school survey with a clipboard, pen and tick boxes. But instead I'll have a tablet. It's work related, getting visitor opinions/comments etc.

I've looked at survey monkey, typeform, and wofoo but all seem to be email based. I'm sure there is an upgrade you pay for.

Any ideas?

tjdodd 19 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

Google forms?  I'm not sure if it will do exactly what you want but worth looking at.

Dax H 19 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

Why not just create an excel spreadsheet and put it on the tablet. 

I use an app called documents to go, free to read or about £10 (one off charge) to be able to edit. 

You can create custom sheets on it but it's far easier to do that on the pc then transfer it over. 

hokkyokusei 19 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

You could still create a survey monkey survey, it's just that it would be you that was filling it in on behalf of those being surveyed.

OP Derry 19 Jul 2020
In reply to tjdodd:

> Google forms?  I'm not sure if it will do exactly what you want but worth looking at.

tried that. no good

OP Derry 19 Jul 2020
In reply to hokkyokusei:

> You could still create a survey monkey survey, it's just that it would be you that was filling it in on behalf of those being surveyed.

Not sure how I get the 'template' up without actually sending/emailing it out. Seems beyond me for some reason. Think I might have to embed it onto the work website. Plus the features I want on Survey Monkey are all paid upgrade packages. Just trying to see if anyone knows a simple/free site before resorting to paying a fee.

OP Derry 19 Jul 2020
In reply to Dax H:

> Why not just create an excel spreadsheet and put it on the tablet. 

> I use an app called documents to go, free to read or about £10 (one off charge) to be able to edit. 

> You can create custom sheets on it but it's far easier to do that on the pc then transfer it over. 

Could do, but needs to have a 'professional' look about it. Visitors will be viewing the screen so trying to have a rating system, opinion poll etc. And need to have it signed off by the boss before conducting the survey.

climber david 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

What about google forms didn't work?

On surveymonkey, once you've created a survey, one of the options to share it should be to create a link. Once you've done that you can simply copy that link in to the browser on the tablet. Worth noting that survey monkey is only free up to a certain number of responses (can't remember what the number is as we have one of the paid subscriptions at work)

hokkyokusei 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

Don't send it via email, get the link and add it as a bookmark in your browser.

a crap climber 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Derry:

You can make a form in excel with text fields, buttons etc if you can deal with a bit of VBA. Might look a little dated, but if you change the colours of the controls to something other than the default, add an image to the form background (e.g. Company logo or something) and such like it might be passable 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...