UKC

UK-centric Blogs, Youtube and Social Media

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 WHIMBATRON 03 Feb 2020

Hi Guys

firstly, apologies if this has been done to death - the last thread i can find is 3 years old, and these things can change alot in that time...

All my social is currently just my mates tedious baby pictures, my only climbing-youtube is BobatDabrat, and Chalkbloc is the only blog...

SO. Where does everyone get their Climbing inspiration, kicks, and entertainment from?!

GoneFishing111 03 Feb 2020
In reply to WHIMBATRON:

Magnus Midtbo's youtube channel is pretty good - but isn't UK centric.

Dan Turners youtube for uk stuff?

Failing that UK bouldering is a good read!

Pefa 04 Feb 2020
In reply to WHIMBATRON:

Dave Macleod on you tube 

Blue Straggler 04 Feb 2020
In reply to WHIMBATRON:

At my local indoor bouldering wall and through real rock climbing friends that I have mostly met via indoor climbing walls

afx22 04 Feb 2020
In reply to WHIMBATRON:

I like Climbing Nomads, Hannah Morris, Nathan Betts and Dan Turner channels on YouTube.  I appreciate that not everyone will like every style of Vlog (I have a friend who just wants to see the 'send'), but I do.  I think Hannah, in particular, can really get across how wonderful it is to be outside.

ChrisBrooke 04 Feb 2020
In reply to WHIMBATRON:

I like all of those ones also. Hannah and Nathan's vids in particular have a creative, aesthetic appeal and often include plenty around just 'the send'. 

Midtbo is interesting, Macleod pretty essential, Lattice is great for training stuff. I follow lots of smaller channels of people who get out in the Peak, as I'm into specific 'send' vids of problems for reference.

Wedge Climbing have beautiful looking vids of hard problems around the UK and internationally. Great for psyche.

Training4climbing is also good for training stuff. Don't know why I watch this stuff, as I don't train...but still.

Peak District Bouldering features 'send' vids of punter-level Peak boulders. (Shameless plug).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...