UKC

UKC Survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phizz4 04 Jan 2020

Irritating! I've completed the survey but every time I visit the UKC web site a pop up asks me to fill it in and when I decline another pop up beseeches me to reconsider, but I've already done it.

krikoman 04 Jan 2020
In reply to phizz4:

Cookies?

OP phizz4 04 Jan 2020
In reply to phizz4:

Cleared the cache, and cookies, no effect.

Tringa 07 Jan 2020
In reply to phizz4:

Is this after you have logged in? If so, then it is odd.

I see the same but only when I first visit the site, ie before the site knows who I am. After I've completed the log in and the site knows who I am and that I have completed the survey, I don't see the pop up.

Dave

In reply to phizz4:

I've brought this to Paul's attention, as this shouldn't be the case.

In reply to phizz4:

I think this is a cache issue with it showing on some pages for you.

I've added some extra code set a cookie when you've filled the survey in. Try visiting this page when logged in (picked this particular one as it's never cached): https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/competitions/

It should always hide the banner for you on other pages after that.

Post edited at 10:20
 Trangia 07 Jan 2020
In reply to phizz4:

Exactly the same is happening to me.

In reply to Trangia:

Even after trying what I said in the previous message?

1234None 07 Jan 2020
In reply to phizz4:

How long will I be asked, each time I visit the site, to fill it in?  I don't want to complete it and click accordingly each time, but I do wonder how long it will go on asking me each time i visit the site...

ScottTalbot 07 Jan 2020
In reply to 1234None:

I've only been asked once, declined and haven't been asked since... I'm using Microsoft Edge at the moment. It does sound like a cache issue... What are you using?

In reply to 1234None:

The dismissal lasts for 1 day (unless you fill it in) and the survey ends on Friday.

ScottTalbot 07 Jan 2020
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

That explains why it just popped up in mine again, even though it wasn't doing it yesterday/this morning haha!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...