UKC

Vaccine tiredness?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lankyman 23 Mar 2021

Is anyone else experiencing prolonged tiredness post-vaccination? I was jabbed 3 weeks ago today with the AZ. It's been on and off since then but I've noticed it more the last few days as I'm on holiday this week. Maybe I'm just old.

Ian65 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Yeup, I felt generally tired and lethargic after the injection. Thankfully though this only lasted two or three days for me.

timjones 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Is anyone else experiencing prolonged tiredness post-vaccination? I was jabbed 3 weeks ago today with the AZ. It's been on and off since then but I've noticed it more the last few days as I'm on holiday this week. Maybe I'm just old.

I'm still very drowsy 5 days post vaccine and wondering whether I should consider the irritating cought that I have developed as a side effect or reason to dash off for a Covid test.

I really hope it doesn't last 3 weeks because I only jumped in so early for my first jab in order to allow any side effects to pass before we started lambing.

Dave Garnett 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Is anyone else experiencing prolonged tiredness post-vaccination? 

Only from arguing about it!

wercat 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

yes, it was bad for 2 or three days.  I have taken intensive exercise, starting a week after the vaccine but in the days in between I have been strangely tired, a bit sweaty and mildly stiff/aching joints.  Very smelly armpit sweat suggestive of fighting off something.  Too much info?

Post edited at 16:32
OP Lankyman 23 Mar 2021
In reply to timjones:

I found work mostly OK (food retail) although once or twice I've struggled to finish a shift. I think the adrenaline kicks in for me when I have to. Now I'm off I've noticed the tiredness more. Done a few short walks. It doesn't help it's so grey and dour outside like winter's hanging around.

Jon Stewart 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

My mum had a few symptoms for a while after her first jab (Pfizer I think). She's fine now. I don't know if there's any reliable data on these potential side-effects which are hard to pin to the vaccine, I suspect not. But you're certainly not alone in feeling a bit dodge and wondering if it was the vaccine what did it!

Post edited at 16:35
 the sheep 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I felt rough after the vaccine, sweating in the night and then aching all over the day after. Running was really hard work for a couple of weeks post vaccination. Did 10k today which felt ok but feel unusually knackered after it. Had the jab just over 2 weeks ago now. 

Iamgregp 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I had my 1st jab yesterday (am 39, but have some stuff which qualifies me) felt fine in the day but increasingly tired and nauseous as the evening went on.  Took the morning off work and slept in till about 1pm today, feel a bit tired, achey and out of it today.

I normally do some form of exercise every day but didn't feel up to it yesterday and today, hoping that this passes soon so I can get back to exercising regularly!

Post edited at 17:11
OP Lankyman 23 Mar 2021
In reply to several:

I've not had any other symptoms other than feeling tired. No aches, no sweats and no nausea. Eating like my usual pig self.

Clauso 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I had my first AZ jab on Saturday morning. Come the evening, I was getting a good dose of the side effects: headache, dizziness, achy joints, fatigue, shivering, fever etc. I barely slept at night due to my heart hammering away like crazy.

I spent all day Sunday tucked under the duvet, and things only started to pick up again on Sunday evening. I was still feeling a bit fatigued yesterday, but things have improved again today.

... Apparently, that little lot is indicative of a strong immune response. I can now 'look forward' to doing it all again with the second jab.

In reply to Lankyman:

Maybe it’s something else, say a possible low vitamin level, and you should ask your GP? Three weeks seems a very long time if it was the vaccine according to what I’ve heard anecdotally.

I had fatigue, plus various other side effects for 36 hrs, but the longest I’ve heard of fatigue just from the vaccine is 2 weeks.

In reply to Clauso:

>  I can now 'look forward' to doing it all again with the second jab.

I’ve read that with the AZ vaccine, that with the second dose side effects are usually much milder. I’m hoping so though they weren’t that bad with me relatively.

fred99 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Clauso:

... I can now 'look forward' to doing it all again with the second jab.

I had the same reaction as you. Hope Climbing Pieman's comment turns out to be correct.

Mind you, I had the first jab just before watching England surrender to Scotland in the Rugby, so whatever happens the 24 hours after jab 2 can't be anywhere near as bad.

Iamgregp 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Clauso:

> I had my first AZ jab on Saturday morning. Come the evening, I was getting a good dose of the side effects: headache, dizziness, achy joints, fatigue, shivering, fever etc. I barely slept at night due to my heart hammering away like crazy.

That is word for word what happened to me too - that's exactly the same.

coinneach 23 Mar 2021
In reply to fred99:

I was tired for around 24 hours after mine.

Mrs C , on the other hand was oot the game for three days after hers.

coinneach 23 Mar 2021
In reply to fred99:

. . . . . have the England rugby team maybe had theirs too?

Surrendered to Wales then Ireland as well . . . . .

mrphilipoldham 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

You’ve definitely got a case of long vaccine, sorry.

Tony Buckley 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

> I’ve read that with the AZ vaccine, that with the second dose side effects are usually much milder. 

That's what I've heard; the reverse with the Pfizer jab.

T.

OP Lankyman 23 Mar 2021
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

> You’ve definitely got a case of long vaccine, sorry.

Just when I was thinking it was advanced covidiocy

In reply to Tony Buckley:

> That's what I've heard; the reverse with the Pfizer jab.

Yup, I also heard that as well. Just thought I would leave the bit about Pfizer jab out so not to cause “panic” for those that had that one!

Tony Buckley 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Of whom I am one.  Still, nothing good comes easy.

T.

Cobra_Head 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Similar headache to the one I had almost a year ago, but no where near as bad and only for a day rather than a week, a bit of tinnitus, slight temperature and slight achy joints again only for a day, back to my usual lazy self now though.

Dave the Rave 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I’ve had 2 Pfizer’s now and no I’ll effects with either. Possibly some heavy legs walking up Moel Famau the day after but couldn’t really attribute that to the vaccine as I’ve got fat and idle.Colleagues mainly haven’t had any trouble either.

You sound like me. I can work twelve days non stop including when I get in, but when I do stop for a day off or a holiday, at least one day is written off with fatigue.

Robert Durran 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Interesting BBC R4 Inside Health on vaccine side effects. A lot of psychsomatic cases apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000t48v

Reach>Talent 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I felt a bit rough, slightly swollen arm but a couple of days on back to normal. (AZ)

I wondered if it was delayed shock at how well organised it was!

OP Lankyman 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Robert Durran:

> Interesting BBC R4 Inside Health on vaccine side effects. A lot of psychsomatic cases apparently.

Who knows? My fatigue is definitely real - it's come on several times when I've been out walking. Start off fine then legs feel like they're wearing lead boots after a few miles. It may not be the vaccine at all. I've not had a proper break from work for four months and been going right through the pandemic. It may just be the cumulative effects of the last year?

Yanis Nayu 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Clauso:

Apparently not so bad after the second AZ jab. Bloody hope not anyway; felt like shit after my first one!

Max factor 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

AZ jan. Similar side effects the night after the jab to those described above. Run today, on day 3, was really hard work I have to say. 

It has become normal at work for people to take the day of after their jab to the point people are clearing diaries and planning for side effects. Interesting that the blurb I got from the nurse said only 1 in 10 have side effects!

coldfell 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Not tiredness for me, horrendous sickness and general flu symptoms - couldn't even take a sip of water - the upside was feeling reborn after 2/3 days of it. I sincerely hope the second AZ jab is not so bad, my husband had no side effects. Still thankful to have had it.

Robert Durran 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> Who knows? My fatigue is definitely real - it's come on several times when I've been out walking. 

Psychosomatic symtoms are real, just not caused by the vaccine. I once started getting horrendous chest/abdomen pains after my GP suggested I might have gall bladder issues (the pains are a symptom). Once tests had shown that my gallb ladder was fine, the pains disappeared and the GP put them down as psychsomatic triggered by suggestion. This thread will probably trigger lots of "side effects".

hang_about 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Az vaccine. Woke up in the middle of the night shaking. Temperature most of the following day. Felt ok the day after but a little residual tiredness. Did a long bike ride 3 days later and was fine. Seems to be common to have a rough day or so. Hope you feel better soon.

DalesClimber 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I hope it doesn't last 3 weeks for me! I had my jab Saturday, then felt rough (spent most of the day in bed level of rough) on Sunday, and pretty tired yesterday.

I did a 20km fell run today (which is a normal distance for me) but after 5km I was really struggling, for the last 5km I was having to work hard to stay upright and I was not in a good way at all when I finally got home. Just totally wiped out by it. I'm hoping that this wears off in a day or two.

Post edited at 21:41
 DalesClimber 23 Mar 2021
In reply to coldfell:

There was an AC talk this evening by Andrew Pollard, and he said that side effects were more common in women - something to do with how the vaccine interacts with oestrogen receptors.

webbo 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I had no side effects at all. My better half felt a bit like she was starting with flu the evening she had hers. Fine next morning.

Sealwife 23 Mar 2021
In reply to webbo:

I had stiff, aching lower back, hip and thigh mostly on right side.  Wouldn’t have put it down to AZ side-effect other than the timing and the fact there was no other likely cause and it arrived and disappeared suddenly.

Husband reported that a colleague was off work the day after hers with aching bones and muscles but came back the following day with just the sore back and hips.

Other than that, had no symptoms.

Ben Farley 23 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I had no significant side effects from my first Pfizer jab, not had second yet. I did have a sore arm overnight but that was it. Amongst all the people at work that I have spoken to, so perhaps twenty or so (I work in a special school and nearly everyone has had their first dose so far), only one person reported side effects other than a sore arm. That person felt sweaty and rough for a day, but interestingly, she had COVID two months previously.

fred99 24 Mar 2021
In reply to coinneach:

> . . . . . have the England rugby team maybe had theirs too?

> Surrendered to Wales then Ireland as well . . . . .

Please, don't remind me.

SouthernSteve 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Another thought. Have you like many been running adrenaline fired and now getting the vaccine you are starting to feel it is the beginning of the end? Coming out of various life crises you often feel worst, catch colds etc when you start to be a little more relaxed. 

OP Lankyman 24 Mar 2021
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> Another thought. Have you like many been running adrenaline fired and now getting the vaccine you are starting to feel it is the beginning of the end? Coming out of various life crises you often feel worst, catch colds etc when you start to be a little more relaxed. 

Yes, thoughts like this have crossed my mind. Unlike an experiment you can't rerun the last year and fiddle around with the variables.

wercat 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Robert Durran:

My definite side effects (onset of flu like pains all over body with feeling of general discomfort started quite distinctly almost exactly 10.5 hours after the jab and were completely gone 15 hours later).  I don't think they were psychosomatic but the later bouts of fatigue and smelly sweat could have been something else entirely.  The flu like symptoms fitted pretty well with the initial defensive reaction described on R4 and I suppose sometime after that the creation of spike protein would have set up some kind of immune response taking 3-4 weeks to complete - perhaps that is the smelly part?

I'm very fastidious about personal cleanliness so the BO is quite easy to perceive as different from the norm

Post edited at 13:17
 peppermill 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

Had dose 1 of Pfizer back in January and felt wiped out for a day or so after "Gettin' ma jag".

Dose 2 last week was 2-3 days of feeling knackered but nothing more than that.

Yanis Nayu 24 Mar 2021
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> Another thought. Have you like many been running adrenaline fired and now getting the vaccine you are starting to feel it is the beginning of the end? Coming out of various life crises you often feel worst, catch colds etc when you start to be a little more relaxed. 

Always get ill during my “recovery” week. It’s almost like physical/mental stress is protective for so long. 

Ridge 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I felt fine after the shot, but after about 10 hours I got the chills and shivers and went to bed.

The following day was like one of those 'this could go either way' hangovers, except it persisted all day.

Timmd 24 Mar 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

I found myself wondering about that, a few weeks after my first AZ jab, and then I perked up.

Hope the same happens for you, a little bit of 'grr' or going for a bit of a walk or cycle may help with any psychological aspect, it seemed to be how it happened for me (with me it seems to be the tail end of a virus can be softened with moderate activity).

Obviously rest if it's beyond you...

Post edited at 21:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...