UKC

Van parking around Swansea

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lizard Ollie 04 Jun 2019

All being well I'm moving to Swansea at the end of September to start a masters degree at the university. I'll be damned if I'm going to compile yet more student debt with a postgraduate loan so I'm planning to live out of my van (probably nicer than my accommodation as an undergraduate) to save money. 

I was wondering if anyone knows of somebody with spare room on a driveway, a farmer with a piece of land, or somewhere appropriate that I could use as a base to park the van? Ideally within a reasonable cycle of the university grounds. I'd be happy to contribute something towards the parking privilege and would cause no bother. 

Any info on the climbing scene in the area would be good too, I'm keen to get out on the Gower! I know the hangar has also just opened a new venue in the area. 

Thanks for the help,

Ollie

Post edited at 10:41
 Rob Exile Ward 04 Jun 2019
In reply to Lizard Ollie:

Hmm you might find this a bit of a challenge, certainly parking by the Mumbles or Sketty seems pretty constrained.

Might be worth exploring the eastern approach to the city, it always seems like an intriguing are of industrial wasteland, wetlands and dunes - possibly find some niches there! 

mik82 04 Jun 2019
In reply to Lizard Ollie:

There's two campuses for Swansea, so places that are convenient for cycling would depend on where you're spending your time.

I do see a handful of vans that are probably full-timers on Gower - they seem to move about a bit and I can't imagine a lot of residents being happy with them being parked for extended periods anywhere. Any farm that has space for vans to park up is probably already doing it and charging tourist prices given it's such a hotspot!

OP Lizard Ollie 04 Jun 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

That's a good idea. I'll have an explore round there next time I'm in the area - thanks!

OP Lizard Ollie 04 Jun 2019
In reply to mik82:

I'll be at the Singleton campus which is further one from the eastern approach mentioned above. Becoming a nuisance for locals is definitely something I'm trying to avoid at all costs! Thanks for the help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...