UKC

Veneto, Italy...new decree 200m max from home.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kean 20 Mar 2020

Greetings from northern Italy. Just venting...all totally understandable...but tough here and it's just got tougher. Cabin fever setting in...they've just declared that we have to stay max 200 m from home and all parks and any similar recreation areas are closed from immediate effect until early April...maybe! We can still get out and exercise but went for a run and got insulted by an old biddy 50m from home cos "I should stay at home"...as far as she's concerned it doesn't matter that we are actually allowed out to exercise...she thinks I'm in any case being irresponsible and we should all stay at home...we're infecting "the ether".

Doug 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Kean:

Is that just in towns or in the countryside as well ? Its not quite clear here in France what is or isn't allowed as exercise but apparently some Préfets are interpreting it as a maximum of 20 minutes 'door to door' but as I can't remember when I last saw a gendarme in the village I can't see how it can be enforced here - I'm not long back from a walk & saw no one in maybe an hour.

Good luck & I suspect we'll have something similar here before long

OP Kean 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Doug:

Everywhere...good luck to you too.

MG 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Kean:

Curious to know why the old biddy thought she could be out but you couldn't!?

Neil Williams 20 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

> Curious to know why the old biddy thought she could be out but you couldn't!?

More the opposite, isn't it?

OP Kean 20 Mar 2020
In reply to MG:

Classic twisted logic...she was talking to her neighbour who was outside her garden on the pavement not half a metre away from her...and I was running totally on my tod! 

Timmd 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

> More the opposite, isn't it?

The OP wasn't critical of the old lady being out.

Neil Williams 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Timmd:

I know.  My point was that it was more important for her not to be out than him, so she was being a hypocrite.

OP Kean 20 Mar 2020
In reply to Kean:

Loads of people here now driving around on their own wearing masks!!!

OP Kean 20 Mar 2020

Exactly...and when you do venture out here at the moment most of the people wandering around are older folk in the high-risk bracket...

Timmd 20 Mar 2020

Aha. I guess if they stay away from others it's still okay, and they need to keep active, but you're right, they are more at risk if they don't keep their distance.

Post edited at 18:16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...