UKC

Very brief Canada/USA road trip report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 25 Sep 2019

I posted on here a while back looking for some basic tips regarding an imminent road trip; possibly I was only asking about any "gotcha" regarding car rental, not quite sure. 

Anyway a few people posted helpfully so out of courtesy I here thank them and will give a very very brief rundown on the trip. 

Picked up rental car (booked as "manager's special surprise car"!) at Enterprise at Vancouver airport. Barely any attempt was made to upset additional insurance so this car cost me £138 for a 7 day rental, it was a Hyundai Elantra and I was quite impressed with the car. Route was Vancouver - Blue River - Jasper - Banff - Kelowna - Victoria - Vancouver which was a bit much, in retrospect I should not have tried to cram in whale watching on Vancouver Island as this sapped quite a bit of time.
Then a flight to Seattle to collect another rental car (Nissan Versa, not as nice as the Hyundai), again no upsetting of insurance, in fact it was an unmanned collection, just fill in details on a touchscreen and go pick any car from the right category in the car park, keys already with it. Route was Seattle - Mt Rainier - Portland - Bend - Crater Lake - Crescent City - Humboldt Redwoods - San Francisco. No additional one-way fee on the rental car, surprisingly, so this one only cost me about £180 for 6 days. 

1500 miles driven in Canada, 1200 miles USA. Phew!

It was good!

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Upset/upsetting were aggressive pernicious autocorrects on upsell / upselling! Sorry I didn’t notice them being changed. 

wercat 25 Sep 2019

with your callsign should it not be a report on a Woad Trip?

Quite the trip!  Anytime spent at Crater Lake is quality time.

T.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...