Loading Notifications...

Very relatable article on our behaviours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 17 May 2020

A friend posted this on Facebook and the headline made me think it was going to be something like The Daily Mash but it’s not; it’s a very concise “pop psychology” exploration of how and why we are being a bit cratchety in the current situation.

I will simply post the link and leave it (though this is not a troll post! I just mean i have nothing further to add and I am sure there will be some debate on this thread, which I won’t benefit from engaging in) 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/bad-temper-lockdown

In reply to Blue Straggler:

I like the cock poking its head from under the laptop.

Luke90 17 May 2020

I guess UKC has the 'dislike' data to test her 30% theory.

lorentz 17 May 2020

I'm a dick before all this started, I'm afraid. In my defence I'm reminded of Gary's rousing "acting" speech in Team America.

"The world needs us dicks. Yeah sure, dicks f*** pu**ies, but they also f*** a**holes!"

Blue Straggler 19 May 2020

Based on an unscientific ongoing overview of the threads I choose to read on the Off Belay and The Pub forums on here, it feels to me that late-March to late April, in general people were being nicer than usual to each other, even in debates. 
Since the evening of May 10th, the usual argumentative tone has returned. I include myself in this analysis. 

Yup I can relate to that!

krikoman 19 May 2020

> Based on an unscientific ongoing overview of the threads I choose to read on the Off Belay and The Pub forums on here, it feels to me that late-March to late April, in general people were being nicer than usual to each other, even in debates. 

Bollocks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.