UKC

Warwickshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 24 Sep 2021

Warwickshire champions ! Great for us Brummies.

More-On 24 Sep 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Even better for those of us from Warwickshire 

OP GrahamD 24 Sep 2021
In reply to More-On:

Well Sutton Coldfield used to be Warwickshire before it was Birmingham. 

More-On 24 Sep 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Ah, no problem there - sorry for casting aspersions, although SC"s not quite got the cachet of Nuneaton, obviously 

Bottom Clinger 25 Sep 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Whatever

Joking - well done. 

CantClimbTom 25 Sep 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

Came to this thread expecting discussion of routes in Warwickshire, can't personally think of that many unless you include things like the railway bridge in Crackley Woods (is that still there or has HS2 flattened it?)

Dave Garnett 25 Sep 2021
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> Came to this thread expecting discussion of routes in Warwickshire, can't personally think of that many unless you include things like the railway bridge in Crackley Woods (is that still there or has HS2 flattened it?)

This is where I started and I never looked back!

Corley Rocks

CantClimbTom 25 Sep 2021
In reply to Dave Garnett:

OH NO!!!!!!  I lived in Coventry for 4 years and didn't know it was there I was even vaguely on the right side of Coventry for it (Allesley Old Road) and owned a motorbike so I could have got there easily.

Doh!!  A massive face-palm moment

I did move up there before the world Wide Web was invented certainly before it was actually used, 1992), so it was harder to find things out back then.

OP GrahamD 25 Sep 2021

Bugger ! I didn't start climbing until I moved from. Coventry to Cambridge 

Dave Garnett 25 Sep 2021
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> OH NO!!!!!!  I lived in Coventry for 4 years and didn't know it was there I was even vaguely on the right side of Coventry for it (Allesley Old Road) and owned a motorbike so I could have got there easily.

> Doh!!  A massive face-palm moment

Don’t beat yourself up, you didn’t miss much!  It was just about walkable from where I grew up (Allesley).

Dave Garnett 25 Sep 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

> Bugger ! I didn't start climbing until I moved from. Coventry to Cambridge 

I think the Fen Dutton railway bridge was more use than Corley Rocks!

Rob Exile Ward 26 Sep 2021

... and how could you forget Kenilworth Castle?

OP GrahamD 26 Sep 2021

> I think the Fen Dutton railway bridge was more use than Corley Rocks!

That's alright then !

Dave Garnett 26 Sep 2021
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

> ... and how could you forget Kenilworth Castle?

Yes, that’s better than Corley too.  I did go there occasionally later on.  It was quite popular for a while. 

earlsdonwhu 27 Sep 2021

The bridge is still there though HS2 have trashed much of the surrounding area.

earlsdonwhu 27 Sep 2021

When I moved to Coventry, I investigated Corley Rocks. I discovered a large amount of used condoms but nothing else of note!

Dave Garnett 27 Sep 2021
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> When I moved to Coventry, I investigated Corley Rocks. I discovered a large amount of used condoms but nothing else of note!

I learned to abseil there (hawser ropes, classic or semi-classic running it though a crab on Whillans or an improvised harness using a long sling) with the local Venture Scouts.  It was a mixed group but not, at that stage, to extent where we were responsible for any such litter! 

earlsdonwhu 27 Sep 2021

Can't beat a classic or semi classic ab withn the rope running over the shoulder of an orange Cagjac!

I assumed that Corley Rocks were a haunt of 'ladies of the night'. Protection may have been a good idea!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...