UKC

Was I dreaming?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 28 Feb 2019

20 minutes ago I'm sure I posted a comment on a thread about a UN report on probable war crimes committed by a country.

I can't find it any longer. Did I imagine it?

Lusk 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Removed User:

No! I've still got the link open.
That thread had a very short half-life.  I suspect that this one will too!

Post edited at 15:26
Gone for good 28 Feb 2019

Binned by the mods. 

In reply to Harry Jarvis:

The Commission has reasonable grounds to believe that during the Great March of Return, Israeli soldiers committed violations of international human rights and humanitarian law. Some of those violations may constitute war crimes or crimes against humanity, and must be immediately investigated by Israel,” said the Chair of the Commission, Santiago Canton of Argentina.

Removed User 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Gone for good:

Really?

Do you know why? I didn't see anything wrong in people commenting on a UN report. I don't understand why anyone would want to delete it.

Shows how much respect the Israeli authorities have for the UN and international law:

"The Israeli authorities did not respond to repeated requests by the Commission for information and access to Israel and to the Occupied Palestinian Territory."

If I comment I'll get suspended or banned indefinitely. 

Removed User 28 Feb 2019

> If I comment I'll get suspended or banned indefinitely. 

Ok.

All bit sinister and Kafkaesque.

Lusk 28 Feb 2019

> Binned by the mods. 

It appears on these forums sometimes that you can symphathise with Islamic terrorists but can't criticize Israelis.

Shani 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Lusk:

> It appears on these forums sometimes that you can symphathise with Islamic terrorists but can't criticize Israelis.

"symphathise with Islamic terrorists" - that is appalling. Got a link to any examples? We should get them pulled.

marsbar 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Shani:

I think that I have some sympathy for the stupid schoolgirls who thought going to Syria to marry a random bloke was a good idea. 

Does that count?  

krikoman 01 Mar 2019

> Really?

> Do you know why? I didn't see anything wrong in people commenting on a UN report. I don't understand why anyone would want to delete it.

Israel, init

Removed User 01 Mar 2019
In reply to krikoman:

> Israel, init

Well yes but I and no doubt everyone else would have been outraged if for example, the Hungarian army had started shooting refugees when the country closed its border to them. If it had continued I'd have been encouraging people to start boycotting Hungarian goods.

Thing is, Hungary didn't do that and as far as I'm aware no other government seems to be shooting dead nurses, journalists and children, leaving aside unarmed protestors, to discourage further protest. If there is another country behaving like this then it would be good to know.

krikoman 01 Mar 2019

I know. I was being facetious, there have been a number of thread pulled in the past, when Israel gets mentioned.

TBF they usually run until some numpty prints something stupid, but it's a sure-fire way to get threads pulled.

Wondering if the IWCC will get the UN report, I hope so

Post edited at 13:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...