UKC

Weather station - recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 16 Jun 2019

I'm after a simple to set up (it's a present for wife and should work out of box, on her birthday),so not Rasp PI based, weather station. Needs to have WiFi with wunderground compatibility, and support additional sensors.

I can find units suitable (like Ventus) but the tricky part is I want one that supports multiple external sensors. I want to combine the old system we had (Oregon) that could monitor outside/greenhouse/shed/house with something that will also record wind and rain.

I was going to build a Pi based system that would collect from multiple sensors, but as I've not found time so far, or likely to this year, that might have to wait.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Owen Meany 17 Jun 2019
In reply to Philip:

Can't help with the multiple sensor option I'm afraid, but I have a Ventus W380 and I'd thoroughly recommend it - easy to use and appears very stable (certainly better than an Aercus Weather Ranger I had briefly, which was about as much use as a chocolate teapot in that it didn't like the cold or the rain....).

OM

krikoman 17 Jun 2019
In reply to Philip:

What do you need, I've used some great units but they only do temperature and humidity. Can't remember the name of hand, will post later.

Wind and rain could be separate, might be easier.

Post edited at 12:21
 Rog Wilko 17 Jun 2019
In reply to Owen Meany:

Why'd you choose that handle? Did you kill your best friend's Mum?

Post edited at 17:48
 krikoman 17 Jun 2019
In reply to Philip:

Klimalogg Pro 30.3039 Weather Station with 1 Remote Control 30.3180

It can measure and log temp and humidity for up to 8 devices, with quite a long range, batteries last a year or more. great bit of kit.

OP Philip 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Owen Meany:

That was my choice but for the extra sensors I'm now leaning towards Garni 1055.

Other option is Ventus for weather and then a newer Oregon scientific for the garden temperatures.

Owen Meany 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Maybe I'm just small and have a squeaky voice

OM

Owen Meany 18 Jun 2019
In reply to Philip:

Oooh - let me know how that works.  I might be tempted by a sensor in the garden (or more specifically in the greenhouse, when I get one....)

One thing I like about the Ventus is that you can upload to both Wunderground and Weathercloud at the same time - I like the simplicity of the Weathercloud display (https://app.weathercloud.net/d3979220140#evolution), although Wunderground is better for comparing across other nearby stations.

OM

Rog Wilko 22 Jun 2019
In reply to Owen Meany:

Thanks, you made me laff!

BTW, great book. Read it years back and bits of it keep coming back to me.

Post edited at 19:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...