UKC

Well Done Eddie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petegunn 02 Jan 2018

Congratulations Eddie Hall on becoming the Worlds Strongest Man.
Very close in the end between the top 3

His deadlift record here:
youtube.com/watch?v=T9Y4o_BqC0A&

Post edited at 16:11
 mountainbagger 02 Jan 2018
In reply to petegunn:

Yes was really exciting to watch and surprised by his announcement that we won't see him competing in World's Strongest Man again.

Reminds me of a certain rower. Never again...
 mal_meech 02 Jan 2018
In reply to petegunn:

Was good to see how much it meant to him, and a close competition. It’s just a shame the result was leaked in May after Thor’s appeal.
 Dax H 02 Jan 2018
In reply to mal_meech:

It was a final for the ages. Normally there are 1 or 2 front runners but that line-up was exceptionally and for Eddie to win with those guys was awsome.

Having watched Thor and Eddie in the euros I was expecting Thor to take it, I wonder now if Eddie was down playing a bit in the euros to come out swinging in the worlds.

Fortunately I managed to miss any spoilers so it was all fresh and exciting for me from start to finish.
I just finished watching the winners story in Spike, there is definitely no love lost between Thor and Eddie and he made a great comment about Zadrunes.
Apparently after winning loads of people were congratulating him and Zadrunes came up. He didn't say anything, just gave him a pat on the back and a nod and the way Eddie was relating the tale it was the equivalent of Granny Aching saying that will do at the sheep dog trials.
 nathan79 02 Jan 2018
In reply to petegunn:

I just caught up with the final this morning (though I've known the result since the summer). A cracking finish all the same. Was never a massive fan of Eddie Hall at first, found him a bit too mouthy. I figured he'd just come along at the wrong time and he'd always be in the significantly large shadow of Brian Shaw and Thor. But hats off to him for getting the title. He stayed fit, others faltered and the stars aligned for him.
 mal_meech 02 Jan 2018
In reply to Dax H:
The depth of strength was phenomenal, though you could see the shoulder injury limiting Big Z. Shaw looked less (aerobically) fit than last year, but Thor looked really strong.

I’m impressed you missed the spoilers considering it was all over the papers, websites, Eddie was interviewed on breakfast TV then too... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-40083512
 Dax H 03 Jan 2018
In reply to mal_meech:

Yes you could definitely see Big Z had problem's but so did Eddie last year coming third with dislocated fingers.

I don't know how I missed the spoilers but I'm glad I did.
Brian Mcculloch Glasgow 03 Jan 2018
In reply to petegunn:

Well done Eddie, way to go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...