UKC

What I don't get about prorogue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 18 Sep 2019

Did I imagine this? Didn't Boris, before he became PM, say that if he did, he would prorogue Parliament to deliver Brexit, no deal or otherwise? 

Post edited at 19:54
 Yanis Nayu 18 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

Yes, I thought that too. That’s part of the reason I think if the Supreme Court decide to judge on the matter they’ll rapidly conclude that he was lying. 

Robert Durran 18 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

> Did I imagine this? Didn't Boris, before he became PM, say that if he did, he would prorogue Parliament to deliver Brexit, no deal or otherwise? 

I thought it was only Raab who said that in the leadership debates.

balmybaldwin 18 Sep 2019
In reply to Robert Durran:

I think you are right, but I believe it wasn't ruled out by Boris, and if I remember rightly the reason it was a question was because it was rumoured that Boris did want to prorogue

OP aln 18 Sep 2019

Ah OK 

krikoman 18 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

I thought it was all about Polish dumplings.

There'll be none of this foreign muck after October.

Post edited at 20:17
OP aln 18 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

But anyway... Boris keeps saying prorogue is normal procedure which it isn't cos it's only the 2nd time it's happened ... Why is he getting away with these lies?

Robert Durran 18 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

> But anyway... Boris keeps saying prorogue is normal procedure which it isn't cos it's only the 2nd time it's happened ... Why is he getting away with these lies?

Maybe he won't........ Hopefully the supreme court will nail him.

Post edited at 20:36
OP aln 18 Sep 2019

Why aren't politicians and tv people shouting from the rooftops about these lies?

In reply to aln:

I don’t think he did; he said he wasn’t attracted by the idea. But anyway I will be astonished if the SC’s decision turns on whether anyone believes Johnson; no one does.

jcm

tlouth7 19 Sep 2019
In reply to aln:

> But anyway... Boris keeps saying prorogue is normal procedure which it isn't cos it's only the 2nd time it's happened ... Why is he getting away with these lies?

Prorogation happens every year (just not for political reasons as in this case).

Post edited at 08:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...