UKC

What is wrong with some people

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 27 Apr 2021

Really hope the driver develops a conscience and owns up to this 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56904691

Ridge 27 Apr 2021
In reply to subtle:

Disgusting isn't it? Sadly it seems many people are without conscience, and have family and friends who'll probably help them hide from this.

Boomer Doomer 27 Apr 2021
In reply to subtle:

Drunk? Banned? Uninsured? All of the above?
In a cycle lane as well! I wear a very similar coloured jersey... there's pause for thought.

gethin_allen 27 Apr 2021
In reply to Boomer Doomer:

Indeed, a f""n cycle lane that is no more than a strip if paint and provides no protection at all against drivers likes this.

65 28 Apr 2021
In reply to subtle:

This is why I don't go road biking in the UK anymore. I really hope the driver gets caught and ends up in jail.

In reply to 65:

> I really hope the driver gets caught and ends up in jail.

I won't hold my breath on either count. Or that they hand themselves in.

Roadrunner6 28 Apr 2021
In reply to subtle:

Luckily it sounds like he's not going to be paralysed. Bloody awful. Hopefully someone has dash cam evidence or something and they get the person. 

In reply to subtle:

Never had a driver stop when I've been hit on my bike. Luckily never that serious, but the drivers didn't know that when they buggered off

nniff 28 Apr 2021
In reply to subtle:

I was involved in a hit and run - as the person knocked off their bike (just so that we're clear on that).  The police were excellent and a witness got the number of the car that did it.  Unfortunately, the driver was a known villain with an alias, car registered in one name, driving licence in another etc.  In the end, the courts were utterly pathetic, bleating about do we know who he is etc.  He failed to turn up of course.  The police were livid - they'd put an ex-Met civilian investigator on it and chased it diligently.  The inspector phoned me to explain all this, saying it was too complicated to explain in a letter.  His final words were, "I know it's of little consolation now, but our paths will cross again, and we will have him".  Hit and run drivers?  Lower than a rattlesnake's belly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...