UKC

what would January 1939 Hitler do

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheffieldchris 11 Jan 2021

what would January 1939 Hitler do about the pandemic.

1st off this is not a call for what we should do and in no way do i think any of these things.

It is more of a cautionary concept of what dictators could do. Very few people alive now can remember the true evil of the Nazi regime and just like most of things right now a large number of people do not even think the holocaust happened.

If you are reading this you are most likely to be lucky enough to live in a liberal democracy. Boy oh boy does it have it's faults. But shit could be a lot worse.

So what could a true dictatorship do right now in the UK to stop things as they are right now, not months ago. (would need a number of years of their rule/brainwashing to set country up first)

Dear leader Humpler doctrine.

Switch off the internet and all mobile phone systems. People only allowed to hear my good news.

All over 70's in hospital with covid will be transported to "special treatment centers"

We have a vaccine, sectors of cities will be cordoned off by the military, they will then go house to house and administer the vaccine. Failure to accept the vaccine will be a crime against the state and you will be transported to "special re-education camps"

Any resistance against the military will be a crime against the state and full authority to use deadly force is to be expected.

Those receiving the vaccine will be issued an identity card allowing them access to areas currently locked down.

Special vaccine police troops will be set up to enforce rules.

A secret police will be set up to root out anyone not loyal to dear leaders ideas.

Lets hope no one ever comes along who starts us off on the road to a dictator like this.....

oh hang on......shit

every journey starts with the first step and the road to hell is lined with good intentions.

philipivan 11 Jan 2021
In reply to sheffieldchris:

Is this mini-rant directed at the CCP?

yeti 11 Jan 2021

nah, in a real dictatorship, lock down would be enforced with a big stick,

no need for a vaccine,

Removed User 11 Jan 2021

You seem to be implying that because the UK has adopted some sensible measures to prevent spread of the virus we are turning into a fascist state.

Have I got that right?

The picture you have painted of how a fascist state would behave is not one I recognise.

profitofdoom 11 Jan 2021

> what would January 1939 Hitler do about the pandemic.

Invade Poland

And then carry out the rest of his plans, which he clearly described in his 1925 book Mein Kampf

mick taylor 11 Jan 2021

No matter what, Germany would win on penalties. 

Neil Williams 11 Jan 2021

I'd say look at what China were doing about it and it'll give you an idea - nailing people in their homes to die for one example.

Ridge 11 Jan 2021
In reply to Removed User:

> You seem to be implying that because the UK has adopted some sensible measures to prevent spread of the virus we are turning into a fascist state.

It seems that way.

Would the OP feel reassured that there's no need to worry about the sensible measures to prevent spread of the virus, the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and before that the Emergency Powers Act 1920 have got this covered?

Andy Clarke 11 Jan 2021

If the historical Hitler had actually been faced with a similar pandemic, I wonder if he'd have proceeded with the January 1939 prohibition on Jews working as nurses. Let us be thankful that any attempt here to create a personality cult of Big Boris is mainly limited to the laughable ineptness of Daily Express front pages.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...