UKC

What's happened to post previews?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pec 17 May 2020

One for the good folk of UKC really but what's happened to the feature where you preview your post before actually posting it?

Spelling being my achilles heel I generally try and proof read posts before posting them and it's easier to spot mistakes when the word layout is different from how it was when you typed it which it was with this feature (no doubt there's a whole field of research into this).

It seems to have been replaced by a request for you to become a paid up supporter or an 'upload photo' facility if you already have.

Thanks.

marsbar 17 May 2020
In reply to pec:

I just post and then edit once posted if I make a mistake. 

In reply to pec:

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

The preview feature didn't really work that well and wasn't compatible with the adding photos feature that we added. We had limited time to finish the changes due to the urgency of the situation here so we dropped post preview. Hopefully, at some time in the future, we will be able to add a proper post preview which will include the photos as well.

Alan

PS. I can heartily recommend the Grammarly browser plug-in if you want to preview your post in the posting box - https://www.grammarly.com

OP pec 18 May 2020
In reply to pec:

Ok, thanks for the reply. It's not a big deal, just curious as it was something I used. I'll just have to use the edit button more when stuff slips through the net. Will check out the link too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...