UKC

Which ice cream maker?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 10 Jun 2016
Need to replace my old ice cream maker, a huge choice out there - any recommendations for make/model to buy or to avoid?
 Hat Dude 10 Jun 2016
In reply to subtle:

Ben & Jerry's?
 spartacus 10 Jun 2016
In reply to subtle:

I got my son a job at the local dairy making ice cream. it was all going well until after about four days he came home and said he had been given the sack.
I went down and spoke to the foreman. I said "why have you sacked my son?" he said "he keeps putting his cock in the ice cream maker".

I said "that's not good, what have you done with the ice cream maker?". He said "shes been sacked as well".

I'm hear all week..........
 aln 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

> I'm hear all week..........

Hear hear!

PhilWS 10 Jun 2016
In reply to subtle:

Sitting here laughing my head off at the posts above, but for a serious suggestion - splashed out and bought the o/h a Sage Ice Cream maker for Christmas.

Spent a lot of time looking around and must admit was a bit worried by Heston's endorsement but.... rates up there as one of the best bits of kit ever bought.

Don't think that it has spent one week without being used. Great ice cream and sorbet every time. Kids love it.

Only downside - a bit too easy to have a continuous supply of ice-cream!

Good luck.
 spartacus 11 Jun 2016
In reply to aln:
Here here

Indy 12 Jun 2016
In reply to subtle:

Magimix Gelato Expert.
 aln 12 Jun 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

Glad we agree
 Indy 13 Jun 2016
Nisbet wanted to charge me a delivery charge for a 'click and collect' order a few weeks ago. I shrugged and took my business elsewhere..... bastards.
 d_b 13 Jun 2016
In reply to subtle:

The most fun way is to get a big dewar flask from your local scientific supply shop and buy a load of liquid nitrogen. Make up the cream base, pour a drop of N2 into a styrofoam cup and pour in while stirring rapidly. You can make perfect ice cream in seconds that way.

Ideally you won't be pouring it on your feet but if you think you are liable to be careless then waterproof trousers go OVER your wellies. NOT tucked in.

I was always taught not to wear the gauntlets as contact with a bit of LN2 doesn't hurt much unless it gets trapped against the skin.
 krikoman 13 Jun 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

> Here here

there there.

Mr. whippy?
 spartacus 13 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

My Uncle was a rubbish ventriloquist. He used to put his hand up my bottom then tell me not to say anything.

krikoman 14 Jun 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

> My Uncle was a rubbish ventriloquist. He used to put his hand up my bottom then tell me not to say anything.

You've just old all of us, you're rubbish at keeping secrets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...