UKC

Which soundbar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Salm0n 12 Sep 2021

I've been eyeing up the Sonos beam soundbar with the possibility of adding some of their speakers around the house, but all this comes to about £800.

I know it's a premium product and good quality but I wondered what other people have or recommend? Looking at a sound bar with the option to add speakers to the system that are Bluetooth so I can play music as well.

The Sony HT-S40R looks to suit what I need but what else is out there!!

Cheers

artif 12 Sep 2021
In reply to Salm0n:

I'm a little wary of Sonos, after last years announcement about stopping support of their older speakers, they've since backtracked slightly on this.

We have a basic Sony soundbar/sub that has been surprisingly good (replacing a crappy Bose system) . I've been looking at upgrading as well, more for music than anything else. Sony do seem to get good reviews in What hifi etc. 

Toccata 12 Sep 2021
In reply to Salm0n:

Canton DM75 impressed (I have one). Like the look of the DM100 which wasn’t around when I bought mine.

steve taylor 12 Sep 2021
In reply to Salm0n:

I've got a Samsung one that's 7 years old. It has a separate Bluetooth wireless subwoofer and it can connect to my phone etc. and cost about £140. I won't be upgrading to Sonos/Bose as this one is excellent. £800 seems like silly money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...