UKC

Wordpress-resources for editing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Solsbury 10 Feb 2018

I was wondering whether anyone can point me to some resources for editing a wordpress site. Someone put together a site for my wife who is a bit of a technical numpty as am I. She wants to jazz it up a bit and add blog posts etc. She was wondering about starting afresh but she does have a good basic site, needs tweaking.

thanks.

Brass Nipples 10 Feb 2018
In reply to Solsbury:

Log into the site and then select posts / new posts in the backend menus.  It will look like a basic word processor type panel. Add a title, and the content of the post, publish and job done. Your first blog post. 

OP Solsbury 11 Feb 2018
In reply to Brass Nipples: Thanks. Think we have got that, there are a range of little things like having recent posts on the front page, with a 'read more' thingy, linking recent posts to facebook, adding photos to blog posts-just makes it look so much cleaner and more professional and it is a business website.

So any recommended sites for tutorials?

Ta

Rich

In reply to Solsbury:

You need to find a WordPress 'theme' that works for you. There are literally hundreds to choose from, covering a huge range of styles and options. I'm using a theme called 'Oxygen' which does all I need/ is very versatile. (I tweaked it a bit with CSS, but that's an optional extra to customise the site even further).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...