UKC

Worst of the Tory leadership contenders?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 27 May 2019

Who would be the most damaging for the country? I’m starting to think Raab. He’s like a cyborg Tory bastard, programmed to hurt the poor and those in need. I think the only time he smiles is when he’s remembering the kids whose heads he flushed down the toilet at school. And I think I’m right that he’s a no-deal advocate, which makes him at best a bare-faced liar and at worst insane. 

It’s a packed field right enough, but who do you think would do the most harm?

two_tapirs 27 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Who would be the most damaging for the country?

> It’s a packed field right enough, but who do you think would do the most harm?

The answer to both questions is 'all of them, as the party is in the midst of a civil war'

OP Yanis Nayu 27 May 2019
In reply to two_tapirs:

It kind of has in most of my adult life, from John Major onward. Even during Thatcher’s time Europe was a major issue. 

earlsdonwhu 27 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

It is depressing that it is hard to separate them. I agree that Raab looks to be relishing the chance to head as far right as possible. Loathsome would be a danger as she would be so far out of her depth. Boris..... No-one would have a clue about what tangent he'd veer off on. I  don't know enough about the credentials of McVey and Mordant. Stewart is the only voice of reason.....so obviously he stands no chance!

I have a vision of every single Tory MP standing so there would be  a tie / deadlock with hundreds of candidates on one vote each. ( Though some may be too stupid to even vote for themselves! )

Pefa 27 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Quite an interesting statement by Gove which makes him look almost human. 

https://news.sky.com/story/michael-gove-to-offer-three-million-eu-nationals...

summo 27 May 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Gove is a strange fish, a series of contradictions. Sometimes his views on farming or the environment are quite measured and you think perhaps he is in the wrong party. But then the next day you wonder if he has picked up rees mogg''s script in error. 

balmybaldwin 27 May 2019
In reply to Pefa:

Interesting indeed but should have been offered years ago... Just spent the afternoon with my best mate and his Fiancée (Polish) and daughter who will be very pleased to know that the near £2000 she has spent getting her passport/dual citizenship was wasted. (I suspect she's far from the only one that has prepared as best they could already). I know there's this leave to remain thingy, but funnily enough she doesn't trust the political climate to honour it in the future

profitofdoom 28 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Bojo

Removed User 28 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

When Pob is looking like the most measured and capable candidate you know you are in deep, deep sh1t.

George Ormerod 28 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> It kind of has in most of my adult life, from John Major onward. Even during Thatcher’s time Europe was a major issue. 

Funny all the ones you thought were total bastards in the 80s/90s now look moderate and competent.  Seems that no matter how bad you think the current leader is, the Tories will come up with someone worse.  You'll probably end up looking back at May with a wistful fondness, whilst eating baked beans by candlelight.

Pbob 28 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

You know how lots of folks joined the Lzbour party to vote for Corbyn? My other half suggests we join the Tory psrty so that we can spoil the ballot paper - 'no suitsble candidate'.

In reply to Pbob:

Of the contenders, Raab. Of the rest, McVey would be indescribable. Certainly in terms of nastiness; on the other hand, she’s very stupid, which might be good. Javed might also be helpfully appalling.

jcm

stevieb 28 May 2019
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Agreed Raab / McVey look the most frightening. But Gove or Hunt could actually be the worst. I think most of the candidates would struggle to deliver any significant policies through ineptitude, but Gove and Hunt could actually deliver. 

Also, apparently Priti Patel might stand. She would go straight to the top of the worst list. 

In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

Raab is so bad, so idiotic, that he's almost like a fictional character brought to horrific life. The sort of person who on paper comes across as a bit of a caricature, and could never really quite exist in real life. Someone Dickens might have created, in other words.

In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Britain’s Steven Miller.

jcm

stevieb 28 May 2019

> Raab is so bad, so idiotic, that he's almost like a fictional character brought to horrific life.  Someone Dickens might have created,

or Rik Mayall 

Robert Durran 28 May 2019

> Raab is so bad, so idiotic, that he's almost like a fictional character brought to horrific life. The sort of person who on paper comes across as a bit of a caricature, and could never really quite exist in real life. Someone Dickens might have created, in other words.

So let's hope for Raab then as the most likely to f*** the job up and deliver us Remain. After all, if May had not been so incompetent, we might have left already. Unfortunately I think the parliamentary party will work this out and not let Raab or Boris go through to the membership and only offer a couple of the more "reasonable" candidates such as Gove and Hunt. I suspect we may be relying on the EU sticking to their principles and not renegotiating.

jim robertson 29 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I am convinced that it is anyones race with regards doing harm... after all, it is the endemic treachery within the Tory party which will dictate a leaders efficacy with regards how much harm any of them as individuals can achieve 

Post edited at 06:32
 RomTheBear 29 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Raab and Boris are the worst. And that’s exactly why they have the best chances.

Tigger 29 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I'm not so sure it was Rabb doing the flushing...

BnB 29 May 2019
In reply to RomTheBear:

> Raab and Boris are the worst. And that’s exactly why they have the best chances.

I agree these two will appeal most to the members. And if either goes through to the vote-off, he wins for sure, unless it’s a shoot-out between the two, which I don’t expect.

Look out for Amber Rudd. Whomever she endorses will probably make the final two, and if a candidate of the right, may deny BJ and Raab a place in the playoff.

They are rightly favourites however. A shocking prospect.

The Lemming 29 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The honourable gentleman of the 18th Century is considering putting his hat into the ring and has made an attempt to attract the yoof.

youtube.com/watch?v=V3TT1VE8Jq0&

JimR 29 May 2019
In reply to The Lemming:

They are all total shite. If labour had half a scoot doo they’d already have knocked them off the park

RomTheBear 29 May 2019
In reply to BnB:

Agree.

I now wish we had Gove as PM, which is an indication of how bad things are.

Post edited at 16:53
 Phil1919 29 May 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Ester Mcvey........in a parallel universe I'd vote for her just to see what happens next.

BnB 29 May 2019
In reply to RomTheBear:

> Agree.

> I now wish we had Gove as PM, which is an indication of how bad things are.

Yep. He seems like the pragmatic choice. My spies actually hold him in high regard but I struggle to forgive him his role in the referendum.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...